Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"How do you like your eggs?"

Options
  • 25-10-2006 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Can somebody please explain the egg add where they is making eggs and he says "How do you like you eggs? Well I thought it would be a cute way to propose".

WHat the funk is he talking about? How did he propose?!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think it's implying that eggs are a breakfast food, and he would serve her breakfast once they were married. I think it also works on the assumption that they're waiting until they get married to sleep together.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I presumed he was talking about that old chat up line 'How do you like your eggs in the morning'.

I don't really know what he was talking about, as I can't bear the face on the smug git, he's so full of himself I bet he could puke up a clone.

I hope she turned out to be an axe murderer, I really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Salmonella: it's not all bad. Smug git. ¬_¬

You have the answer. Another mystery solved. May I push your stool in?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That ad is about 15 years old at this point, and it made sense back when people didn't leave home till they got married, and then they moved in together. So yes, the assumption is that by saying "How do you like your eggs?", you're proposing marraige, and ultimately sleeping together. Shock!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Faith wrote:
    I think it's implying that eggs are a breakfast food, and he would serve her breakfast once they were married. I think it also works on the assumption that they're waiting until they get married to sleep together.

Ahhh there ya go. Thank you for clearing it up, tip of the cap kind shrew! Ok so now I know, the ad is shi*e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Karoma wrote:
    You have the answer. Another mystery solved. May I push your stool in?
    Wear gloves and use lube. Gonna be messy if it is a soft one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

they are all on heavy heavy brain toxicants

Same crap really-but immoral (There's no implying that they'll ever get married. The hussies!) Same so-subtle-it's-in-yore-face-and-still-so-godawfully-bad theme. It was shown years ago; buried; pissed on; then dug up and aired again because they are simply too cheap to come up with something new.

... I like mine with a kiss.

Ahh. Tropicana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

ziggy67 wrote:
    On a similar note what the hell is going on in those Kerrygold butter ads with the French dudes?

One has a French teacher who goes in to Miss Kennedys home ec class and asks for the Kerrygold, some women who i presume is the Headteacher comes in and they look at each other.

The other one is there are some French dudes and Irish girls in a B&B on an island and a couple of them miss the ferry. The owner says "did you miss the ferry" and they look at each other.

WTF is going on??!!

I think Ms. Kennedy was saying they will need the Kerrygold for the anal. Im pretty sure she was in an episode of Legend, she was fridges daughters teacher. Shes obviously an actress who is tied to a role!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Unfertilised !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

they are all on heavy heavy brain toxicants

Rofl, funniest post I've read in ages!

gandalf wrote:
    Unfertilised !
    Typical AH'er...never bothers to read - just hits reply... typical...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

perky please.

what exactly is this thread about? is it about sex, marriage proposals or breakfast?

Hrm, wonder if it'd be hard to do all 3 at the same time ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭smallpaws

You know, I haven't even seen this ad and already I'm sneering. Honestly, what a total puss.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Karoma wrote:
    Typical AH'er...never bothers to read - just hits reply... typical...
    Typical Karoma.....yet another anti After Hours post.....never bothers trying to hide his superiority complex- just hits reply to enter yet another snide comment....typical....

Karoma thinks Pighead should engage those two braincells before replying and proving himself another type of typical AH'er.

How have you avoided this ad. smallpaws? For what little TV I watch, I've seen it far too often...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Karoma wrote:
    Karoma thinks Pighead should engage those two braincells before replying and proving himself another type of typical AH'er.
    Pighead thinks Karoma shouldn't be so condescending to the common man. There are braincells to burn in this big old head of mine.

Time to come down from your ivory tower and rub shoulders with the plebs down below. So what if we smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

tv from a bygone age, that's all it is.

tv from a bygone age, that's all it is.

Speaking of tv from the bygone age. Does anyone remember the Oxo family? Or were they the bisto family?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

To answer OP's question, on a plate, in a cup after I've been in my cups and not flowing down my back (as happpens when you pass a certain estate in a town near where I'm from).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Southwestern Omelette

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Folded over and crying out to be consumed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BumCheeks

░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░████████████████░░
    ░░░░██████████████░░░░
    ░░████████████████████
    ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████░░
    ░░░░░░████████████░░░░
    ░░░░████████████░░░░░░
    ░░████████████████░░░░
    ████████████████████░░
    ██████████████████████
    ██████████████████████
    ░░████████████████████
    ░░████████░░████████░░
    ░░██████░░░░░░██████░░
    ████████░░░░░░████████
    ████████░░░░░░████████

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I cannot eat eggs unless the chicken foetus is already half-formed.

Also, BumCheeks is a fool with less talent than a stillborn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Eggs is from chickens arses...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

chicken arses? No, no, no! Have you no anatomy training?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

ziggy67 wrote:
    On a similar note what the hell is going on in those Kerrygold butter ads with the French dudes?

One has a French teacher who goes in to Miss Kennedys home ec class and asks for the Kerrygold, some women who i presume is the Headteacher comes in and they look at each other.

The other one is there are some French dudes and Irish girls in a B&B on an island and a couple of them miss the ferry. The owner says "did you miss the ferry" and they look at each other.

WTF is going on??!!

Who's taking the horse to france?

Advertisement