Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting stuff delivered.... where??

Options
  • 07-10-2006 2:43am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I no longer work for a company per se so I dont have somewhere to get stuff delivered from Amazon. So, I'm looking for suggestions as to where I could get stuff delivered to... is there somewhere I can hire or someone have a place that will take drib drabs (and on one week a torrent!) of parcels??

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,041 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Could you just set up a PO BOx and collect direct from the post office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Poxt office box would not be big enough and the opening hours won't be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Are you looking for a commercial type place or a volunteer?
    How much space are we talking about?

I am at home most of the time and would have room unless we are talking a container load of stuff.
    pm me if I can help.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I am hoping to locate somewhere in the next 2 weeks but we'll have to see. Thead, last year it was about a room full of stuff but mostly it was bought on the one day or so. Most people took the money-donation option last year, which actually works pretty well for the charity in the end :)

I'll be in touch if I need your address, thanks!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'm not sure if this is Mods only but I have an industrial unit in Co. Cork if you need storage for a while with 24 hour security too which your more than welcome to.

DeVore wrote:
    Thead, last year it was about a room full of stuff but mostly it was bought on the one day or so.

Thats ok I do have room esp it is for a short term storage, you now how big our house is.
    DeVore wrote:

DeV.

Np your welcome, happy to help out.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It would need to be in Dublin so Thead, your on. I'll be in touch shortly!

DeV.

My address is one of those addresses that the mail regularly do not find (I live in a flat and the addressing is bonkers) and in addition everyone here works nights and wouldnt be up to accept the bags of stuff that arrive towards the middle of December. I'm worried that people's donations wouldnt find me and that would be a shame.

DeV.
    ps: this is most definitely not a "Mod thing" as mentioned above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I thought Amazon no longer shipped anything besides books/dvds to Ireland?

• Advertisement

Er.... is that true?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I have a place in my offices in North east Dublin.

My store room is surprisingly empty at the moment and I could accommodate some stuff for a short period of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

DeVore wrote:
    Er.... is that true?

DeV.

Aye DeV, you might want to check out here before getting anything ordered. There are restrictions on certain electronics and other items. :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

DeVore wrote:
    I am hoping to locate somewhere in the next 2 weeks but we'll have to see. Thead, last year it was about a room full of stuff but mostly it was bought on the one day or so. Most people took the money-donation option last year, which actually works pretty well for the charity in the end :)

DeV.

you still in the same place as last year? My god the SSF stuff was EVERYWHERE!.

I've moved this year, I'm in Arbour Hill (the street, not the prison).

I'm thinking of doing the hits on the Friday or Thursday before xmas. Its awkward this year because of the timing of the holidays.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Notes down.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

My offer stands anyway. We don't close at all over Xmas and there is good 24 access to the building.

Monkey Fudge, thanks for that. I'd already accepted Theads offer so I dont want to go back on that. Its not really important except having someone there to accept the packages. Delivery is more problematic! ;)

DeV.

Advertisement