Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Committee for this years SSF...

Options
  • 07-10-2006 1:56am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK, last year nearly killed me. I have reached the limit of my abilities and need help. Luckily I'm sure its out there! :)

What I need is a group of hardcore committee people to help do several things:

Public relations, accounts, entertainments, organising donations, organising deliveries and one or two other things.

If we have a number of interested parties (I should be so lucky!) we'll see what transpires but for trust reasons I'd prefer to work with people I know, or who have been involved before or have a long record on this website. Its just that a lot of money is involved and I dont want anyone dissappearing with the dosh :)

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hmm I don't know what good I would be stuck in the US but if there is anyway I can help (apart from donating), give me a shout please. :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If I think of anything, I'll let you know! :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Can I be the grinch?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No. (and lets not get off topic!) :)

DeV.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I'd be happy to help out, I'm not really doing a lot at the moment so will probably have a fair bit of time to put into this. I'd probably be best suited to PR or organising deliveries.

I do have a car and would be happy to deliver some of the stuff too when the time comes.

• Advertisement

Sounds good!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I'd love to put my name forward, but I'm a bit worried that if I do more crazy **** than usual will crop up and I won't make commitments I make here, so I'll just let tSubh rope me in to helping her with her watch in what free time I do have.

Dont worry about it Jon, I understand that people can only give what time they can afford out of their lives. I'm glad to have your help!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I'll be around for deliveries again if needed, I probably don't have enough spare time at the mo' to do anything else though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Not sure what use I can be, but if you think of something I can do DeV, lemme know.

and if anyone remembers last christmas, we all know I'M thegrinch_000... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Can't think of what to do right now but I will send some funds to the cause when I get paid.

And in the meantime I will spread the good word of the SSF by means of signature advertisment and the Hypno-Toad.

Regards

Q

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I'd like to help out again but I'm in the US. You can use my musgraves card though if that helps........

PM me if SSFwants it.

Oh... thats quite possible. I usually go to Fagans wholesalers (who give the charity a nice % off)...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

DeVore wrote:
    Oh... thats quite possible. I usually go to Fagans wholesalers (who give the charity a nice % off)...

DeV.

Cool, drop me a line if you need it. Its not like im using it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I can help out around the Cork area and I have a Musgrave card too if you need it. I have a van too to help with deliveries and I'm on holidays for about a week before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Tom, I have a small van that has a fair bit of room inside for anything. Let me know what the schedule is when it comes up and I can help you in any way I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I don't have transport and don't have the aformentioned track record of helping before but if there's any way I can help run it by me and I'll see what I can do.

Eoin

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'll help out again if you need people.

junkyard wrote:
    I can help out around the Cork area and I have a Musgrave card too if you need it. I have a van too to help with deliveries and I'm on holidays for about a week before Christmas.
    Terrific, I need someone in Cork. Consider yourself elected! :)

I'll be in touch during the week.

DeV

Sparky-s wrote:
    Tom, I have a small van that has a fair bit of room inside for anything. Let me know what the schedule is when it comes up and I can help you in any way I can.
    Thansk Sparkey and Eoin and Agent Smith. (Eoin, everyone starts some year, we send two people per delivery anyway so trust isnt a big problem... not many people are going to run off with a dozen copies of Harry Potter anyway!)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh. I'll sign up for the usual carry-stuff-into-random place elf position*. Just, eh, gimme a day with some notice, and I'll be there.

*That just sounds naughty, somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Yeah give meh some notice also. :)

Do we do weekends too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I'd be happy to help out if ye are having any sort of event, like the quiz ye had etc...

Will talk to a contact about possibly donating some goods from his toy shop too.

I've decided to plan better this time and I'm going to hold an event of sorts mid year next year. I've got a plan.... :)

I'm worried that I just wont be able to give anything time right now but dont let that stop anyone else!! :)

DeV.

sweet... I'll be in touch when we have dates etc.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I may not be in the right country, but i'd be more then happy to help out any way i can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I'll gladly help out with deliveries in Dublin , if needs be and something needs to be delivered outside of Dublin and no one steps up I'll put my name forward for that too as i've a decent sized car

anything else i can do to help just bang me a PM Dev and i'll do what i can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

yeah - me too, I've a car, can help out with any grunt work. I also travel a fair bit to Donegal (hai) so can pick up or deliver if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Dev, I'm available as last year to help organise any events. Poker tournament and gig again would be great. Can also help with anything else which doesn't involve driving.

Giz a buzz and we can go through some things over a pint.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Tom

I am not available but my wife is verey interested in taking part. She is an event manager so should be of some help and has a lot of free time - anyway let me know.

Hyzepher

Advertisement