Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggested Donees - Children's Sunshine Home

Options
  • 06-10-2006 7:57pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭

I know it's probably still a little early in the year for this but it's on my mind as I'm working for them at the moment.

I would like to nominate the Children's Sunshine Home and a beneficiary of this year's SSF. They offer residential and respite care for children who have diseases such as cerebral palsy and other conditions incompatible with life.

They are currently working at transforming into the first children's hospice in Ireland. Just to give you an idea, there are 39 children's hospices in the UK and we still don't even have one here.

Here's their website: http://www.sunshinehome.ie/

I've mentioned the SSF to the fundraising manager there and she seemed interested. I thought that even if it wasn't possible for us to donate physical items to them (though I thought maybe we could get stuff for their Occupational Therapy dept like bubble tubes, projectors and other stuff like that which they use to help the children develop various skills, though we have to be careful as they generally have to refuse physical donations for medical reasons) we could possibly give them a monetary donation as the cost of building this hospice is approx €9million.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its not a little early, in fact I'm feeling a little late (despite starting a month earlier then last year!).

Currently I'm getting things sorted out with paypal etc and writing up a request for committee members this year (theres NO way I can do it all again on my own :) )

As for your recommendation, it sounds perfect to be honest. Do they work over xmas? (ie: have kids in care over xmas). Its not really important but its nice to know (so we dont deliver and there is noone there!).

DeV.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I'm fairly sure that they do work over Christmas but I will find out the definitive answer on Monday.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Yes, the nursing staff will be here over Christmas.

Advertisement