Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Games

• 03-10-2006 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭

So I'm in charge of next weeks meeting where I will be running games. Anyone know of any games that can be played with groups of approx 14 girls indoors? I'd prefer something more inventive than Dodgeball or basketball. If anyone can share some ideas from other units or troops, it would be most welcome.;)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

How about Bubblecar? That hilarious relay game!

You divide the girls into teams and give them a chair or something to run around at the opposite end of the hall.

You then line the girls up in their teams and name each line a different type of car, for example the first girls in each line is a limo, the next a mini and so on until the last girl in each team (and usually the smallest) is the bubblecar.

Then it's a usual relay, you call the names of the various types of car and the girls run around their chair and back to their teams. When you call bubblecar the girl at the end has to crawl between the legs of all the other team members and then run around the chair and back to the team.

There is also the bus option. When you call bus the girls in each team form a congo like line and then progress down and around their chair but they're not allowed to run they have to take 2 steps forward and 1 back. This makes them move jerkily, just like a real bus!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Just thought of a nice quiet game for you that we play a lot when we want a break from the noise.

Queen's Headache is where you sit two of your girls blindfolded in chairs at one end of the hall with their backs away from the other end.

All the other girls line up at the other end of the hall and then have to make their way between the two "queens" without being heard. You send the girls sneaking forward one at a time.

When the girls who are sitting down hear a noise they have to point in the direction of the noise. If they point at one of the sneaking girls she has to sit down on the ground just where she is, making an obstacle for the other girls to go around.

The game ends when everyone is either sitting on the ground or past the two Queens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I like idea of the Queens game but its incredibly difficult to get my guides to be quiet. I tried the Lighthouse game a few weeks ago (where two girls stand at one end of the hall and make a siren noise, get 5 or 6 girls (ships) to blindfold themselves with their scarves and the rest sit all over the floor between the lighthouses and the ships. These are rocks. The ships must try get to the lighthouses without crashing into the rocks. When a ship goes near a rock, the rock must make a SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH noise like waves. If the ship still hits the rock, they sink and are out of the game and last one left or first to the lighthouse wins) and it was a disaster as they wouldnt be quiet. So I dont mind loud games, the louder they are, the sooner they are worn out anyway!

Advertisement