Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basquille's Thought Of The Day [now in thread format]..

Options
  • 24-09-2006 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭

24th September 2006:

[while watching '24']: "Why does Jack feel the need to shout at the top of his lungs every time he's on a hands-free kit? It's almost like watching my father talk on the phone!"

.. and there it was, my thought of the day. Join me tomorrow for another fun-filled (*) thought!

* Disclaimer: basquille does not guarantee his thoughts to be neither fun nor filled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭Basq

25th September 2006:

[while studying for my Driver Theory Test]: "What's up with provisional drivers having to be accompanied by a fully qualified driver on your first and third provisional license.. but not your SECOND!.. what kinda monkey came up with that?"

* Disclaimer: basquille does not endorse calling any Ministers for Transport (particularly Martin Cullen) a primate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

The theory behind not having to have a fully-qualified driver in the car with you on your 2nd provisional is that on your 1st you're only just learning & by your 3rd you should already have done at least 1 test & thus failed (as you're still on a provisional) and so should have someone to keep an eye on you while you're driving on public roads.

Don't sweat about the theory test, I started studying the day before (the CD-Rom is super handy) & I managed to get 40/40 & I'm a complete dullard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I finished the test before I was due to start it. I actually went over it twice. Your one was amazed.

I stressed that it in no way reflects my true driving abillity..... :eek:

Yep.. cheers for that kittenkiller. Makes sense alright. Theory test is today at 5:45. Not worried to be honest. Probably the trickiest part is the A / A1 motorbike stuff... with regards to 11 and 25 kilowatts ("jiggawatts") etc.. that's the kinda stuff that you would get wrong if you hadn't read the book.

Will probably slip up on one or two as i have a tendency of not reading the questions fully...! :D

Will let ye know how i get on, along with another "Thought" later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

1.21 jiggawatts!!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Best of luck Basq.
    I got asked THREE fecking tractor questioins!!
    Very relevant for the dublin suburbs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

now why would anyone want to kill a kitten... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Because that Kitten once killed her entire family!!!!!*

*May not have happened.

40 / 40 on theory test....

.. BOO-YAH....easy-peasy!

Too tired for my daily thought... was out for a few beers and cinema. Work at 8am tomorrow... night all! Maybe a bi-daily thought tomorrow. And before you ask... yes, that is a thought which is bi-sexual! *

* basquille does not endorse the outing of thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Now, Basquille, we'll hold you to your promise!
    It's like Stewart Smalley's Daily Affirmations. We just gotta open this thread and see what's on your mind each day!

Bravo on acing the test!!!! \0/

• Advertisement

Yay!
    Told you it was a piece of pi55!

I have never killed a kitten.
    It was the knife that killed them all!

Nah, I'd just like to end the existence of yer one kitten from big brother a few years back.
    Remember the lesbian anarchist?
    God I hated her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Yay!
    Told you it was a piece of pi55!

I have never killed a kitten.
    It was the knife that killed them all!

Nah, I'd just like to end the existence of yer one kitten from big brother a few years back.
    Remember the lesbian anarchist?
    God I hated her!

She designed the Gerkin in London?

Demetrius wrote:
    She designed the Gerkin in London?
    Yup, she did indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I am resigning from the human race as of now. Can I have a gherkin?

I miss these whacky installments from the mind of basquille!

To give Basquille a prod in the right direction...

...this evening I got a lift from a guy I know who grew up a couple of parishes away from me. We were chatting away when we passed an advertisement proclaiming the Knitting and Sewing Expo, running 4-7 November(?) somewhere on the Southside. I mentioned it to him in a joking kind of way, and then he made a shock revealation: in primary school, his class had to knit!!!!:eek:

He seemed surprised that the rural school that I was educated in only 10-15 miles away didn't have knitting classes like his school.

Am I the only one to be shocked by this?:eek:

Dem, make me a sweater!:D

Ooooooh!:D

I'd knit the ugliest Christmas jumper in history! Perhaps one with Santa in the nip! All 400 pounds of him.:)

Em. Nevermind then. It would just sit in the dresser drawer - with the ones my Mother-in-law buys me!
    You'd think she'da got the hint when she bought me the first one. I opened it and was mortified! All I could think of to say was...
    "Stand Back, Loretta, it's a Holiday Sweatah!":eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Lusty - Tcn Thread Hijacker!

• Advertisement

I prefer Basquille.

I'm not at all comfortable with this "Squill" character.

That is all.

MM

Advertisement