Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Coastal Development

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Archeron

raheny red wrote:
    :( It's all about the penguins people!

Oh God no, please dont tell me the penguin people are back!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

They are advertising "an ocean view",these guys are marvelous they can change the Irish Sea into an ocean.I wounder what kind of planning process is required for that.

And all this from there HQ in Crumlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

The Irish Examiner said it was a hoax to draw traffic to www.funda.ie, the new Irish version of www.funda.nl

This is just like that company a few weeks ago that claimed to have created free energy....

And why does the presenter call it Sham-ROKE city???

[edit]
    The cheap ass feckers host their video on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSLNBOphpE
    [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

anyone else getting sick of these viral ads...they should advertise what they f*cking sell damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Love the disclaimer

"exposed to partial flooding during rainy season (all year long)"

ROFLAMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Love2love wrote:
    This is being advertisied on Boards.ie upon log in. I didn't notice earlier! So is it a hoax?

It is also being advertised on ireland.com,

scary...

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Thats the funniest thing I've seen in a while...

"three years"..in this country... hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

What f***s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Its a very drawing advertisement in all fairness, you'd wonder exactly how many people have visited that site now as a result of it. Does its job extremely well, even though it is a hoax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Giraffe only zoo: great, to match the existing Dail and seanad.

this is the parent link for funda http://www.funda.nl/europe/aboutus.asp

Pity it is a scam, can you imagine the size of the brown envelopes, jeeezz, and then the cost of the tribunals:)

Time to move it back to after hours or science fiction

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I think that that 3D VIS guy should do the PDS port plan that they were Morrison was flogging again last week it looks awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

This was mentioned on RTE news this evening, the advertising campaign cost something around the €30K mark iirc, well worth the investment it would seem given the amount of attention its attracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

rb_ie wrote:
    This was mentioned on RTE news this evening, the advertising campaign cost something around the €30K mark iirc, well worth the investment it would seem given the amount of attention its attracted.

But how many people actually know what its advertising? Funda weren't mentioned once on the news last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

very clever I say and they havent spent the money you would need to " properly " to get this kind of attention....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dancing pete

Sham City.....!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

This sure is some Umbrella Corporation shlt!

Whats ur man from the ads doin in the video dubbed?

Mad lyk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Sarsfield wrote:
    Roll on the 25th Sept. I'm waiting to buy in Ballyfermot2, an exact replica on the East Side :D

Well, the 25th has been and gone and the website is still not launched, looks like the campaign was a floop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 trouble26uk

its not realy.If it was I would of seen something by now as I live not far from were they are ment to be doing the work.There aint anything happening.I come across by ferry only a few months ago,there was nothing then and there is nothing now.Im sure I would of seen something.My partner also goes passed that way were time he goes to work and he hasnt seen anything eather.
    ITS FAKE!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 boardspal

It's in the Sunday Business Post. It's been a promo for a new real estate agency called www.funda.ie. Although something might have happened because the www.dublincoastaldevelopment.com site doesn't seem to be working now.

Maybe the govt. have been on to them to get them to shut up about it.

Regards,
    Boardspal

Advertisement