Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urinated and Summons!

Options
  • 16-09-2006 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

Last night I hhad a cheery and interesting night. After leaving a friends house with my girlfriend and having consumed an (Irish) average amount of alcohol we were walking down to my gf's house. It was late and the Gardai were on the prowl. We were walking down a road and saw a group of young men vandalising a constuction site fence down the road. The GF suddenly had the urge to go...as it was fairly damn cold-I needed too also. We came off the roadside and walked into a garden area beside a apartment complex. We were just doing our stuff when a car pulled into the driveway. We were about to walk off very fast eventhough the people were shouting at us from the car. A very large, country woman came out of the car with her colleague. It was the Gardai. They were in a unmarked car. They took our details and informed us that both of us would be getting letters in the post to be summoned to court due to us urinating on private property. I was rightly pis$ed off eventhough I knew we shouldn't have.

We came off the road-which was decent but how can you not end up doing this? Should there be more public toilets around towns that can be accessed 24hrs-a-day?? I know it's most likely they'll push it aside but still a lot of the little punishments these days are quite harsh and are still enforced. Is there something wrong with this country or all countries this stupid??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

shoulda told them they should be grateful you didn't p!ss in their eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

What is with you Rathdown people and pissing in public?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Ya know we like to piss around not like you Kilcoolians who sit in your houses wishing you could piss in public like all us brave souls:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

No, but seriously it is pretty disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

red_bairn wrote:
    Ya know we like to piss around not like you Kilcoolians who sit in your houses wishing you could piss in public like all us brave souls:D

Kilcoolians isn't even a proper word

• Advertisement

Question, if you urinated on the road (which isn't private property) would that have been OK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Kilcoolians isn't even a proper word
    what are you talking about? It's a perfectly cromulent word

Hmmm, Frowned upon the Gardai community, you would get in trouble again. But of course it aint private property. Perhaps somebody else knows whats the deal with that...
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Have the Garda got the remit to summons you if it was private property?

That would be a civil rather than a criminal matter I would have thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

give a fake name and address

• Advertisement

She said her address and the woman garda wasn't listening properly and got it wrong but she can still check up by her parents names I'd say. Her friends' boyfriend was caught on Bray seafront going for a wizz and he got a summons. Then another friend of hers told her that these two lads that she knew went about Loughlistown tearing down road signs and got caught by the gardai. Their details were taken but then a much more serious prolem was happening (called over the radio) and the gardai left the lads. They were not contacted after that incident. :eek: There is justice for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Next time take a p1ss before you leave the house..... saves trouble....

I wouldn't have needed it but since she was going I said to myself, "Sure why not." Guys suddenly get the urge to go, woman know well in advance...perhaps I should have talks with your wan...

Kind of orchestrated pissing thing.....??? Is it.

Hmmm ..never knew that about the warning... must check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

everyone in their life at some stage has peed in the great outdoors, unfortunate you were caught... ah well could be worse you could caught being flutterinbantam in public and that is just plain stupid!

Alternatively you could be afflicted with the 'Jules80' syndrome of tracking someone on message forums and coming in with 'holier than thou' comments which you wrongly think will enhance your reputation amongst fellow 'Boardsies'.

people afflicted with this disease often have an over rated opinion of themselves,and think they have a certain superiority over others which of course is totally the opposite.

The cure apparently is to think for yourself now and again and instead of reacting try some pro action.
    People again thus afflicted will generally hide behind others and expect them to defend them .like the little fellow in the fight when he /she runs in throws a swift kick and scuttles back into the crowd to peep out from behind.

Not a disease I'd care to have I must say:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

nor, in fairness, one anyone could accuse you of having! your posts are always....whats the kindest way....unique ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Archeron

I once peed drunkenly in a laneway in Dublins Temple Bar (in fairness, it was the smell of pee that was already there that gave me the urge) and some fooker took a photograph which appeared a few weeks later in the herald as the feature picture for an article on drunken loutish behaviour.

Not one of my proudest moments. (was funny though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

1. Find a good solid doorway.

2. Open door slightly, placing head between door and doorframe.

3. Slam door.

4. Repeat, until you're no longer the moron who came here complaining that you got in trouble for breaking laws.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Has the invention of the toilet completely passed an entire swathe of the population by?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Meh it could be worse, you pissed in public you got caught, dont do it again. or try to justify it for that matter by suggesting more public toilets. as you well know you would still have pissed outside instead of using one of those.
    Archeron wrote:
    took a photograph which appeared a few weeks later in the herald as the feature picture for an article on drunken loutish behaviour.

funny thats how i ended up on the cover of the evening heralds "exposé" on Wesley disco a few years ago, scrawny drunken bint hanging off my face and "hands-a roaming".

my da thought it was brilliant and my ma, well...mortified.... god bless teenage sluts :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

*scratches head*

i thought someone actually said something there for a minute, well someone whos opinion was actually important that is,

*looks around*

nope wrong again... must scurry back and hide behind my fellows boardsies!!!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭Stark

red_bairm wrote:
    They took our details and informed us that both of us would be getting letters in the post to be summoned to court due to us urinating on private property. I was rightly pis$ed off eventhough I knew we shouldn't have.

You should have pissed on the street somewhere rather than on some poor person's property. At least on the street it's a case of "If you don't like it, try providing toilets".
    red_bairm wrote:
    We came off the road-which was decent but how can you not end up doing this? Should there be more public toilets around towns that can be accessed 24hrs-a-day??

No because the filthy queers will be having sex in them. At least that was the council's attitude for years anyway. Ignorant bastards. They're probably using junkies as an excuse these days. Filthy junkies.
    I know it's most likely they'll push it aside but still a lot of the little punishments these days are quite harsh and are still enforced. Is there something wrong with this country or all countries this stupid??

Nope. In the Netherlands, they have outdoor urinals at night. The perfect solution. In other countries, they have those "supertoilets" everywhere.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

*Looks into the heavens with a pensive look* hmmm...Supertoilets...the possibilites... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Superheroes could get changed in them.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

Think about the poor plants!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

1. Slam head in door.
    2. ???
    3. Profit!!!

Advertisement