Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personalised makeup lesson/tips

Options
  • 10-09-2006 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi,

The girlfriend's birthday is coming up this week. When I asked her for ideas for a present, one of the things she mentioned is to send her to a salon or similar, where she can be given tips etc on what makeup to buy given her particular colouring etc, and how best to apply it. Personally think she does it great herself but however.

Anyone got any advice on where to start? We're in Rathfarnham for what it's worth, but I presume town would be the best place. I haven't started phoning around yet cos I'm not really sure what to ask tbh. Presumably what she's looking for is a session with a beautician??

chores

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

Check out this link: - it's dated from 2003, but may be worth investigating

From another web page:
    Make Up Forever on Clarendon Street, Dublin 2, 01 679 9043. It’s open on Thursdays until 7pm and Fridays until 6pm. Make Up Forever is also located in the Frascati Centre in Blackrock, Co. Dublin. They specialize in all make-up and even hold classes on perfecting style and technique. Their clientele includes everyone from make-up artists to actors to brides-to-be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ChilliNuts

Thanks for that! I dropped into Makeup Forever at lunch - that 60-90min one-on-one session costs 95 euro now. Anyone reckon it's worth that? The girl I spoke to seemed quite new too.

I also stopped by the Laura Mercier stand in Brown Thomas - they do a similar makeover/lesson for 25 euro, and it seems that the price is redeemable against their products.

I'm starting to wonder about the whole thing now tbh - the "lesson" seems to be more of a sales pitch for one particular brand of makeup. Are there any places that would be able to give advice on all the different brands?

On a more general note, do girls tend to stick with one brand of makeup, or pick and choose across brands?

/clueless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 E.L

Go with the make up forever option it'll be well worth it and the other one for a make up counter is very basic and really just to try to sell her loads of product

ISNT SHE WORTH THE 90 EURO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

this thread is two years old:)

Advertisement