Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Male Female ratio of atheists?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I will enlighten you one day, and you will look up from your knees, into my eyes. You will whisper...'god'.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Sleepy wrote:
    Agnosticism is the only logical "belief" system.

More men are logical beings than women.

Ergo most Agnostics are men.
    Asiaprod wrote:
    I too tend to feel that there are more male than female atheists. And I also notice that no matter which belief a female takes, she tend to be more focused on that belief than the men

I cannot believe that you two said the above.
    This is the kind of sweeping statement you see from a troll that doesn't know better.
    Down to the back of the class both of ye and a black mark is going on the board.
    Signed,
    Disgusted :mad:

Dr Bollocko
    Tar is correct, agnosticism is the most logical 'belief'

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It depends entirely on how you define the term agnostic and the term athiest doesnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Beruthiel wrote:
    This is the kind of sweeping statement you see from a troll that doesn't know better.
    Down to the back of the class both of ye and a black mark is going on the board.
    Signed,

Dr Bollocko

I believe you missread it. There is nothing negative about what I said. I am applauding females and saying they are much more focused on their belief.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Beruthiel wrote:
    Signed,

Dr Bollocko
    Men and women are different, nobody is saying that is a bad thing, much as I would not like to admit it, in my experience what they said is pretty much true...
    Of course it is a sweeping statement and even though quite drunk :o , I would say it holds in a majority of cases.
    Much like I know more men are aggressive bastards and generalisations that are fairly accurate.
    It depends entirely on how you define the term agnostic and the term athiest doesnt it?
    ...and what would be your definition?
    I don't believe it matters on the definition insofar as the logic outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I cant believe I wasnt informed about this thread, or did it sprout of its own accord,

Well, I think its the mothering instinct that is reflected to their religious beliefs, and whatnot.

Go to mass or you ll get no deser and also go to hell, eat your greens or you ll stay small forever.

When did one father ever make one go to mass or eat their greens, well probably some but not many

• Registered Users Posts: 24,147 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Beruthiel wrote:
    Signed,

Dr Bollocko
    Beruthiel, of course it's a sweeping statement, it's a generalisation. It just happens to be one that appears to hold true. Men are more inclined to trust in logic than women. This isn't necessarily a good or bad thing. It's just a difference that generally exists between the sexes. Of course there are woment that live their lives by logic and men that are ruled by their emotions. But, in general, it seems to be the other way around and the census data would appear to support this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Oh, here here!

How you doing? ... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Worst thread on this forum, ever.

Yeah lets please close it for the sake of my email inbox. Its getting depressed and not letting me read my emails anymore unless it stops receiving your replies on this forum.
    Lock for the common good!!!!

• Advertisement

You can turn them off you know.

Well I know that yeah. But once atheism is in the title I just cant bring myself to. Its a vow I made to .... Logigod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Wicknight wrote:
    Yes, where are all the hot single sexy atheist women?

I had one there last week, met her a fashionable atheist hangout, took her home 4 a cup of Java, but was all out of Java so had to use nescafe.
    Anyways we had near death sex for about 6 hours, we had apparently and rather unintentionally achieved a kinda tantric episode to which we both finally succumbed, one of the most pleasant evenings I've ever had with a young lady.
    Then in the morning I find her sitting on the couch reading the bible.
    Turns out she lied just to get me into bed and that shes a devout catholic. I felt violated......

stevejazzx wrote:
    Turns out she lied just to get me into bed and that shes a devout catholic. I felt violated......

Wonderfull, LOL:D

stevejazzx wrote:
    I had one there last week, met her a fashionable atheist hangout, took her home a cup of Java, but was all out of Java so had to use nescafe.
    Anyways we had near death sex for about 6 hours, we had apparently and rather unintentionally achieved a kinda tantric episode to which we both finally succumbed, one of the most pleasant evenings I've ever with a young lady.

Can I have her number .... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Wicknight wrote:
    Can I have her number .... :D

she has a freind you know, I met up with her, but when we finally got back to her place she was like, I'm not sure...I just don't know if I can sleep with you etc etc

Man, I hate aganostics....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

stevejazzx wrote:
    Man, I hate aganostics....

Yup, I hates me them aganostics too, durn heathen aga-whats-its.

I always take an I don't know as a yes, all this athiest, 'no definitely not', it's just not on for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I wonder does 'more women believe in God' tie in with how 'more women believe in Horoscopes, Psychics, Ghosts, Alternative Medicine' etc

ie they just seem more likely to believe any old crap :D:D

[Me Jumps into DIY Bomb Shelter]

KIDDING!! :D.....well I'm kinda not......No, No really kidding!! :D

are we still talking about religion ..... :D

• Advertisement

No, it turned into you coming on to me, some time ago. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

shocked,
    Scofflaw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm an "alatrist", do I count? *bounce*

Calibos wrote:
    I wonder does 'more women believe in God' tie in with how 'more women believe in Horoscopes, Psychics, Ghosts, Alternative Medicine' etc

ie they just seem more likely to believe any old crap :D:D

[Me Jumps into DIY Bomb Shelter]

KIDDING!! :D.....well I'm kinda not......No, No really kidding!! :D

Pulls pin and throws grenade.....Not kidding. Damn, missed. The next one won't though

For every slightly crazy indulgence a woman may have, so too do men, in equal abundance.

bluewolf wrote:
    I'm an "alatrist", do I count? *bounce*
    We don't care if people are good at sex, we still won't have it with them. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

We don't care if people are good at sex, we still won't have it with them. ;)
    We wont? ;(

bluewolf wrote:
    We wont? ;(

I think that's the "Royal" we:)

Aye, we are getting used to our kingship. ;)

No, it turned into you coming on to me, some time ago. :P

Hey, can't blame a guy for trying ... :p

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote:
    We wont? ;(

Oh I think we will ..

Advertisement