Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help

Options
  • 15-08-2006 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hope this is the right section for such question. Sorry if not.

Right, I've got a few charcoal a2 pictures (charcoal grey set+black willow charcoal on sugar paper) and I need to transfer them to another city. Tomorrow.
    I tried to spray them with Spray Mount (repositionable adhesive), because I was told that it should help them to stay "fixed". But it didn't work -
    1) it darkened all grey areas
    2) it doesn't work at all with that willow charcoal

So, the question - how to transfer this kind of pictures keeping them unsmeared?
    Or will I simply have to put clean sheets over them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I think that this might get a better response in the arts/crafts boards since they're involved in the actual making of art.
    Hope someone can help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

You should be spraying them with fixative or hairspray not with spray mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Oooh, spraymount was not a good idea. It'll be forever sticky.

You can get some fixative for chalks, charcoals and pastels in most art and craft shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Have transferred pastels sprayed with fixative and wrapepd in greaseproof paper and placed in a large wooded tube before with limited success.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement