Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about trying Battlefield

Options
  • 12-08-2006 5:46pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi I am thinking about trying out Battlefield I have not played games in years so has anybody got advice for me.Also is Battlefield the right game for a newbie or should I try something else...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

All the nOObs play Css :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I'd say give it a go. It's easy to get used to playing, although flying helicopters takes a while to get used to, and it's a fun game to play with a few friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

chances are there's a demo around somewhere you can try it out on before buying... but other then that, the gameplay does tend to suck you in for hours of gaming, even if the patches come thick and fast in the world of EA.

just make sure your PC can handle it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

krazy_8s wrote:

So would it be two big a step to jump straight into Battlefield...?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Of course not! The intensive training course should leave you more than prepared!

....You have done the training course haven't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Dub13 wrote:
    Hi I am thinking about trying out Battlefield I have not played games in years so has anybody got advice for me.Also is Battlefield the right game for a newbie or should I try something else...?

As someone else suggested , try the demo and see if you like it . Give us some idea of what you have played before . Lastly , BF2 is as good a place to start back into it as any other . You can join some of the people from here on #battlefield.ie @ quakenet .

Sangre wrote:
    ....You have done the training course haven't you?

What course...?

As I said its been a while since I played games,I used to play a bit of Unreal Tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 [PTG]Z.user

Dub13 wrote:
    What course...?

As I said its been a while since I played games,I used to play a bit of Unreal Tournament.

I think he was just messing mate!

Battlefield is a great game despite us all giving out about it now and again! And there are some great Mods coming out for it soon!

I downloaded the demo last night and it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

krazy_8s wrote:
    errr....
    Don't listen to teh kids who have recently migrated to bf from cs*
    BF2 is a fine game for newbies to play. Just dont be an ass on the servers :)
    Obey the rules, like no TK-ing or not whoring vechicles :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

FuzzyLogic wrote:

leave that to the vets ;)

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    errr....
    Don't listen to teh kids who have recently migrated to bf from cs*
    BF2 is a fine game for newbies to play. Just dont be an ass on the servers :)

Unless you happen to join a server where the top 2 players and flying around, taking out anything that moves. And their is nobody on your team with any flying experiance, adding to the fact that the AA is a joke. Just my 2 cents.

I picked it up today.will let you know how I get on.

Were should I play online...?

Dub13 wrote:

Istanbull has some great internet cafes, why not try there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Dub13 wrote:

Type into the server browser window Multiplay , pick one of those servers , anyone , they are usually fairly good ping wise . Go for a clan server so you steer clear of muppets .

Advertisement