Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Language Group

Options
  • 08-08-2006 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

I've recently started learning Spanish. While I enjoy my class I'm having great difficulty settling down to do work on Spanish on my own. I'm looking for a Spanish language group that meets regularly to discuss in Spanish and/or study Spanish together. Does anyone know of such a group or would anyone be interested in starting one up? I'm based in Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Hungry

Hi I have stufdied spanish in college and recently finished, over in Spain for the summer at the moment and would like to maintain the spanish when I return in september.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

There is a conversation exchange once a week in the Central Library in the ILAC centre and I think in some other libraries as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

Hi, I lived in Spain for several years & would be very interested in meeting up with anyone who wants to practice/study together. I'm home 5+ years now & though I'm practically fluent I'm terrified of forgetting it. I'd rather an informal situation to someting structured, maybe meeting once a week or a few times a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭crazy days

I've recently started learning Spanish. While I enjoy my class I'm having great difficulty settling down to do work on Spanish on my own. I'm looking for a Spanish language group that meets regularly to discuss in Spanish and/or study Spanish together. Does anyone know of such a group or would anyone be interested in starting one up? I'm based in Dublin.

I am slowly gathering quite a large a collection of spanish grammer workbooks and audio tapes but haven't finished one yet!!!
    I'm going through the same problem of not putting in enough time and getting the practice that i need.
    I study better in groups as i have more motivation and less distraction, thats why i think your idea of a spanish study group sounds great.
    I'd be on for joining you in setting one up ....if it will help my terrible grammer:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭RampagingBadger

Right, I think there are a number of people looking to take part in a spanish Language group. I propose a meeting in on the highest floor open in Cafe Moca on Williams Street (Near St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre) at 15:00 this Saturday 19th of August. If anyone is going to come can you please post here to let everyone else know. Look for the person with all the spanish books open;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

i will be there.looking to learn spanish

Right, I think there are a number of people looking to take part in a spanish Language group. I propose a meeting in on the highest floor open in Cafe Moca on Williams Street (Near St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre) at 15:00 this Saturday 19th of August. If anyone is going to come can you please post here to let everyone else know. Look for the person with all the spanish books open;)

Can't make this weekend.

actually i ve to cancel as well because im not around this weekend.
    i will be there the following weekend if its on though.

Grand so, lets cancel it for this weekend. Maybe we could arrange a time during the week that might suit, otherwise we'll do it next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Xipe Totec

I'd be interested in taking part in this.

Me gustaría mejorar mí espanol.

• Advertisement

Rating my spanish, 1 being you can say hola but pronounce the h and 10 your good enough to write a spanish dictionary.
    I'd say I'm a 4 .....what's yours?

ok what about tommorow at 3 pm?
    i would prefer the morning around 11am but sure whichever suits everyone else..

First of all sorry for not having posted anything about a meeting this week. I was so insanely busy.

I'd like to propose a meeting time of 18:00 next Sunday September 3rd in Cafe Moca. I think this time is about right as everyones hangover should be gone by then and if people are going away for the weekend then they'll be back by then (maybe).

Anyway can people post here if they're going to make that time so we have some ideal about numbers.

Adios,

Alan.

Advertisement