Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POE2 release very soon apparently.

Options
  • 08-08-2006 3:28pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Big rumours on many major sites/forums of POE2 release very soon,maybe even today :)
    Even though i never play BF2 at all lately i cant wait for this,it was class for BFV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Would be nice indeed.

POE was class.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'd imagine that they're going to wait for the 1.4 patch though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cool. I can't wait to play an even dog fight, esp after BF2 f*cked up the Chinese/MEC fighter to be far superior to everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭PrivateSmokey

I also reckon they will wait for 1.4,it makes sence, no point releasing before 1.4 in cases there are any conflictions.both are very close though me thinks:D

I also reckon they will wait for 1.4,it makes sence, no point releasing before 1.4 in cases there are any conflictions.both are very close though me thinks:D
    Aye, and also cos EA/DICE (forget which one) worked with a few of the mod teams (including people from POE), so things look promising :)

• Advertisement

rc1.jpg
    It’s time, POE:2 beta 1.0 is coming!
    http://www.pointofexistence.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 [PTG]Z.user

Hee Hee I'm a tester for it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Who or what is POE2?

Point of Existence began as a total conversion mod for the computer game Battlefield Vietnam (2004). The mod features content based off of a hypothetical conflict between United States and Russian forces in Africa using a mix of real and prototype/future weapons and vehicles of each country. The mod team attempts to put an emphasis on informing the public on the inner workings of the mod.

The PoE forums (see external links) showcase most of the latest projects, works in progress, and news for the mod. Widely believed to have a swift and reliable release history, the mod team gained a reputation for stability and professionalism that, for some, refined the community's interest in the mod. A sequeal to PoE is currently being developed on the newer Battlefield 2 platform.

Wiki

Hee Hee I'm a tester for it!!!

Getting release date for POE2 from Z user is like getting Budweiser from a stone:D Ive tryed and tryed and tryed and tryed and tryed:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

I hope the music is as good as POE 1.

Was a class Mod. Aligator was my fav shopper in it

Can't wait to see this in action:cool::D:eek:

Oh, and there are screenshots for the BF2 version.

Oh, and is that a German flag I see on the side of the tank?

Things are going pretty well with the build. The Developers sat down and had a meeting with the stress testers and decided to move forward with making some changes to the RC build of POE:2. The new changes will be released to the stress testers within the next day or two and we’ll see how things are from their test sessions.
    With 1.4 coming, I'd say POE2 will come out soon afterwards, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

This might make me go back to Bf2, I played the original more then BFV. Twas a class mod, one that Bf2 tried to copy and failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

bf2 not a copy of DC? hence the whole buying up the dev company n what not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I hope the music is as good as POE 1.

Was a class Mod. Aligator was my fav shopper in it
    bfv baby! That game had an excellent soundtrack. Have it on cd here someplace.

bf2 not a copy of DC? hence the whole buying up the dev company n what not :)

Yep pretty much!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Its out about two or three days now,was playing it online lastnight at a friends gaff.You all know where too get it from,so what ye waiting for?The maps are all top notch and there are plenty of servers running it.:cool:

Were did you get it.

Its not on poe's website

Were did you get it.

Its not on poe's website

It's not out yet.

• Advertisement

wideangle wrote:
    Its out about two or three days now,was playing it online lastnight at a friends gaff.You all know where too get it from,so what ye waiting for?The maps are all top notch and there are plenty of servers running it.:cool:

I know its not out. i was asking wideangle were he got it. lol

I know its not out. i was asking wideangle were he got it. lol

I know. And I was telling you that you shouldn't put too much faith in what he said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Ponster wrote:
    I know. And I was telling you that you shouldn't put too much faith in what he said :)
    Whats that about,seriously I have been playing it since sunday,brought my machine to a friends gaff and we played it on the official poe 2 server called funhouse.As i said got it from a friend who downloaded from I do not know where.But I'll ask and find out the link.

wideangle wrote:
    Whats that about,seriously I have been playing it since sunday,brought my machine to a friends gaff and we played it on the official poe 2 server called funhouse.As i said got it from a friend who downloaded from I do not know where.But I'll ask and find out the link.

eh you did not play POE2 on a public server because its not out yet!
    you might have been playing POE1 but POE2 is not out I can gaurantee that much!!!!

^^ What he said:D

Lads, POE2 was sent to a few clans, for a stress test. Thats what was played. It was played on a public server, as the client is not public, thus only the testers have it, thus no reason to make the server private, if you get me.

The one they played was not the final RC, but a beta. The final RC will come out soon, no doubt.

the_syco wrote:
    Lads, POE2 was sent to a few clans, for a stress test. Thats what was played.

Yep, everyone knows that. People were just commenting on Wides opinion that POE2 was available for download on the modders site :)

the_syco wrote:
    Lads, POE2 was sent to a few clans, for a stress test. Thats what was played. It was played on a public server, as the client is not public, thus only the testers have it, thus no reason to make the server private, if you get me.

The one they played was not the final RC, but a beta. The final RC will come out soon, no doubt.

What?? There is no BETA?
    The only servers up are the POE tester server.
    It wasnt given out to clans, some people were invited into the POE tester group and MUST test on the POE2 server??

If you have it stick up the I.P and I'll join you on it seeing as I have POE2?????

Advertisement