Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slovak

Options
  • 06-08-2006 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Anyone know where i can learn it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevorku

Hi there,
    So Im surpised to come across your entry as I never knew anyone who wanted to learn Slovak. I learn it myself independantly. Bought the ''Colloquial Slovak'' course book and CD's. However it will set you back about €65 or so. It doesnt come cheap but its because its so hard to get this one because people consider it to be the same language as Czech so they just have Czech CD packs. I bought it in Internation Books. You know the place off Nassau Street. Close to Reads bookstore. Good luck with it :) P.S. I'd be interested to know what you want to learn it?

- Trevor

P.S. Heres the basics

Yes - Ano
    No - Nie
    How are you - Ako sa mate
    Good - Dobry
    My name is - Volam sa....
    Where is - Kde je
    What are you doing - čo robiš?
    Goodbye - Dovidenia
    C ya - Caute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

trevorku wrote:
    Hi there,
    So Im surpised to come across your entry as I never knew anyone who wanted to learn Slovak. I learn it myself independantly. Bought the ''Colloquial Slovak'' course book and CD's. However it will set you back about €65 or so. It doesnt come cheap but its because its so hard to get this one because people consider it to be the same language as Czech so they just have Czech CD packs. I bought it in Internation Books. You know the place off Nassau Street. Close to Reads bookstore. Good luck with it :) P.S. I'd be interested to know what you want to learn it?

- Trevor

P.S. Heres the basics

Yes - Ano
    No - Nie
    How are you - Ako sa mate
    Good - Dobry
    My name is - Volam sa....
    Where is - Kde je
    What are you doing - čo robiš?
    Goodbye - Dovidenia
    C ya - Caute

I worked there on and off for two years. Only two words essential to get by:
    1. Chleib (cs) = Bread.
    2. Pivo = Beer.

Worked for me.

Beautiful country though. Well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevorku

Aw c'mon Avns1s I'm sure your being modest. If you only used 2 words, you must have had a nice slovak translator by your side haha. Last time I went, went to where my friend is from.... NO english spoken there, was quite difficult and also 40oC and maximum humidity, nice to visit, wouldnt want to live there. However Id buy holiday apartment there. Already in the process of buying one in Poland.

Advertisement