Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old 80's Track...Sowing the seeds of Love Tears for Fears

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Good song alright, reminds me of that Peter Gabriel video (parts of it anyway). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, it's a pretty stonkin' toon all right - definitely owed a lot to late Beatles but that can only be a good thing. Tears for Fears had some great numbers - Shout and Mad World are absolutely brilliant and Head Over Heels is really good too - used to fabulous effect in Donnie Darko. They'd a few other good songs throughout the eighties. A bit pretentious, but that doesn't take away from the quality of the tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Thing is that this song had such a political undertone and is still perfectly relevant in todays war torn world. Brings a smile to my face whenver I hear it. Everybody wants to rule the world was another classic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

Yeah i like Tears for Fears,some of the best eighties stuff ive heard,though not without a certain cheesyness.

Another good one is Everybody wants to rule the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

gg. Tears for Fears are rapid. My favourite songs by dem are Sowing the Seeds of Love, Pale Shelter, Mad World and Head Over Heels. Suffer the Children would be in there if it wasn't for that ****ty children's choir stuck in at the end. There isn't a song in the world with a choir in it that wouldn't be greatly improved by its absence :D. The 7 minute version of Pale Shelter that's a bonus track on the reissue of The Hurting is great. Oh yeah Shout is deadly too. Tears for Fears, yeah, Great Band :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

DarkJager wrote:
    Thing is that this song had such a political undertone and is still perfectly relevant in todays war torn world. Brings a smile to my face whenver I hear it. Everybody wants to rule the world was another classic..

Yeah, it's always used for archive footage of the Berlin Wall being knocked - shivers down spine time! It was out at the same time - absolutely perfect for it.

ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI, how can you say that about children's choirs? What about the magnificence of We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome) by Tina Turner? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Songs From The Big Chair was an excellent album, but would still put down Woman In Chains as the best thing they ever did. I believe their was some word of a reformation last year, but don't know if it ever got anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

After many years of waiting the Super Deluxe Edition of The Seeds Of Love has finally been announced.
    4CDs+BD
    https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/tears-for-fears-the-seeds-of-love-reissue-coming-in-october/

Advertisement