Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new game for a new age!

Options
  • 20-07-2006 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ElThrowball

This is the website of a new sport which has evolved in cork in the past few weeks. Sounds unreal. Do u think they will get permission to play in Croke Park??? It's ment to be half Irish half Mexican! Going to bew the next big thing id say.

What ur opionion?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,935 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

At the end of the day, yawn loike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Wrong type of game for this forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Lemmie guess, you and your mates "invented" (I put it in inverted comma's because I probably don't know a person who hasn't played a game exactly this when they were also 12) the game and made that poorly edited Wiki page... you could have at least gotten a dot-com domain and a chromed-up website to make youselves seem even remotely decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Not a patch on bonving, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It is the 90s and there is time for.....KLAX!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,935 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I prefer cowtipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

This has to be the most pathetic thing i've read on boards EVER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sounds like the movie Dodgeball

On another note, what's the sport where people throw a small ball down country roads? The distance of the competition is a few miles

I've seen this on Nationwide and they were lots of locals watching it. Maybe this is a Cork only game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

micmclo wrote:
    Sounds like the movie Dodgeball

On another note, what's the sport where people throw a small ball down country roads? The distance of the competition is a few miles

I've seen this on Nationwide and they were lots of locals watching it. Maybe this is a Cork only game

"Road Bowling" or "Bowling"*. The object is to roll the large metal ball as far as you can down a road. Genius in its simplicity :confused:

*pronounced "bowelling" for some reason that exists only in the lost chapters of history

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

man screw this white collar ****, Im gonna be a professional whatsitballer!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
    Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
    Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.

Steps to list an article for deletion: {{subst:afd}} {{subst:afd2|pg=ElThrowball|text=}} {{subst:afd3|pg=ElThrowball}} log

nice to see there is still some vague semblance of sanity on the internet.....

By the way... "Elthrowball" = Elephant throwball and its half Irish half mexican you say.... Yes, I can see its origins now as Paco and Pablo face off against the evil El Guapo, Pachyderms restless in the desert sun..... if this new game is any indicator of the excitement to be had in the "new age" then put me in a coma now and proxy my vote in favour of euthenasia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

More Guyball!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Pah! this isn't a patch on Cheeseball*, let alone Extreme Beach Cheeseball*.

*WARNING: Sport may only exist in the minds of a dozen drunkards.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I prefer cowtipping.
    Agreed, much more rewarding too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Pah! this isn't a patch on Cheeseball*, let alone Extreme Beach Cheeseball*.
    a friend of mine from England once went cheese rolling, they roll a big lump of cheese down a hill and everybody runs after it.
    now THAT sounds all kinds of awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Are there any rule's against me catching the ball, walking up to the thrower and shoving it up his ass? Its not wobbly and neither is it a throw so I feel like Im using a loophole here. And while your here, throw me over that ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I will play throw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

would you like to help me roll this cheese?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I've not read a single of the posts above.

Advertisement