Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards art/ beer or coffee meet up

Options
  • 07-07-2006 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

anyone be interested in having an art/ coffee meet up some time soon where each person brings along some stuff they've painted/ made and we can discuss the pieces or anything art related over a good coffee. it could become a regular meet up session and provide the motivation needed for completing pieces.

say somewhere classy like cafe en seine or simmons and somewhere that is open in the evening say around 5.30pm? iv stuck up a poll but it can be changed and possibly we can add this to events to. anyone any ideas about his potential art group post up here. i may make a copy of it

what time/ day would suit you for an art/ coffee meetup in dublin 19 votes

25th July (tues)
    0%
    26th July
    10%
    snorlaxmasteroftherealm 2 votes
    27th July (thurs)
    10%
    28th July
    10%
    29th July (saturday)
    10%
    1st Aug (tues)
    15%
    snorlaxmasteroftherealmHúrin 3 votes
    2nd Aug (wednesday)
    10%
    3rd August (thurs)
    10%
    4th August (friday)
    10%
    some other time (please specify)
    10%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Sorry I think it's a good idea but not too keen on Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

I may be conviced to show up ;)

And dublin obviously as most boards members in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Outskirts...? CAn't say Synnotts or Cafe En Senie... we're gonna need more space....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

cafe moda rathmines, simmons george's arcade, maybe even a pub?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

go for it guys and enjoy,
    I won't make Dublin am from the west and get panic attacks, Dublin too stressful for me.... I'd love to meet you all Sorry!

artieanna
    The Reclusive artist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Bah...I'm back in Waterford for the summer. Hopefully exhibiting some photos August the 26thish if you're arranging another!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Rich_Why

Its a shame you didn't organise this for right now. Christ with this weather everyone could have just met in the Stephens Green and went from there :D. To many artists in the one place can be dangerous sometimes believe me!

welll why doesn't everyone suggest a date if it doesn't seem to suit and we can see if we can get some kinda of consensus?

Can and will make anything bar next Friday/Saturday (28th/29th) and the Bank Holiday weekend (all of it)

Sunday 30th? Afternoon if there's no sport on. Somewhere with a large beer garden if weather's good?

beer garden would be lovely if it was spacey enough. any other suggestions? is that 30th July or august?

• Advertisement

snorlax wrote:
    beer garden would be lovely if it was spacey enough. any other suggestions? is that 30th July or august?

July. Just noticed a clash on claender, though - might be able to make it until late afternoon...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Haha! Talk about a deadlock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

1st Aug (tues)
    Fajitas! wrote:
    Haha! Talk about a deadlock!
    I break it!

Ikky Poo2 wrote:
    July. Just noticed a clash on claender, though - might be able to make it until late afternoon...

I just realised that should have read can't make it UNTIL late afternoon. Can't make the Saturday at all, THANKS A BUNCH HURIN!! And that I could have voted for more than one day... Oh well.

What types of work are people proposing taking along with them? I'm just thinking of photos as the work itself is large and fragile and I'll be on public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

A really nice and big beer garden is the one in the Russel court hotel on Harcourt Street. Really really nice. I was well surprised. I can't make it as I'm in Thailand at the mo..

how about 6th August (Sunday) in the beer garden in the Russell Court Hotel beer garden (Harcourt street)?

Sorry, can't make that one. Am in Westport for the weekend. Am still generally interested in a meet-up though.

Advertisement