Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens Shaving

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

A friend of mine has just published a book called Sharp Practice: The Real Man's Guide to Shaving. There's some great tips in it for people who wish to start using a cutthroat and also concerning sensitive skin. Check out a few reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

was using the mac 3 for years with those total shaving drops, could only stand to shave once a week due to the pain afterwards.

Switched to one of those new fusion's with the battery, but kept the same shaving oil, was an improvment,

ran out of the oil a few weeks back and got a sanex shaving gel for a change results where sooooooooooo much better i can now shave 3 times a week!!!!!!!

like others said use hot water to open the pours and keep the blade clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Had the worst shave ever after deciding to pick up some Wilkinson Sword disposable razors. Was covered in cuts and razor burn after them.

Just picked up some of the Lidl razor blades that everyone recommends, will give them a go once my face recovers. Don't want to give Gilette any more of my money. Although their disposables are quite good compared to Wilkinson Sword's.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Don't use any shaving creams at all. They make your skin overly sensitive. I stopped using creams and only shave after a shower. My skin's much happier as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I'll add my voice to those recommending Total Shaving Solution. I use a lot more than the 3 drops they recommend though, lash that stuff on! It's weird, it's not like shaving with anything else I've experienced. My chin and on my jaw-line can get very dry and red. But this stuff along with a healthy bit of moisturiser keeps it away.

I never saw the need for a Mach 3. The Sensor Excel has less wobbling about on the head and this fascination with multiple blades passes me by completely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

When reading the title of this thread, for some reason I thought it would be about something more provocative...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

When reading the title of this thread, for some reason I thought it would be about something more provocative...

Care to share? How else could one construe the title? What others parts of a man are to be shaveed other than the face, hmmmm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

bugler wrote:
    The Sensor Excel has less wobbling about on the head and this fascination with multiple blades passes me by completely.

I totally agree here. Did a thing with the Mach 3 when it came out but hated it, I then gave the Protector a go before returning back to the Sensor. I remember thinking, why did I bother with all those others when I was happy with the Sensor.

Just to add my thoughts.

- Shower before
    - Shave slowly and with the grain
    - use a good moisturiser after

Advertisement