Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Radio Show

Options
  • 20-05-2006 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Hey I've found theres a Irish Paranormal Radion Show on East Coast FM - http://www.eastcoast.fm - its been going for the last 4 years. Its nice to see there is more stuff out there than i realise. There is a live stream on their site but i'm not sure what the frequency is or where its available. I know its a wicklow based station and plan to tune in myself from now on.

Also another great thing about it is there will be two boardsies on from here on the 11th June talking about lost of things including the Charleville Investigation on the 3rd. I'm one of the two and if the other wants to step forward all the better.

Anyway I recommend people tune in tomorrow night (the show is on every Sunday from about 10pm til midnight).

If anyone has anything to say on this i'd love to hear it before i take the plunge!

6th

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

6th wrote:
    Also another great thing about it is there will be two boardsies on from here on the 11th June talking about lost of things including the Charleville Investigation on the 3rd. I'm one of the two and if the other wants to step forward all the better.
    erm... is that me or have you got someone else for it ?

I meant to ask you what time is it on ? (every sunday I presume ?)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Is on from 10pm till 1am every sun. Good luck lads. I wont hear ya, but hope youll tell all about it. Dont be nervous sure therell only be thousands listening to ya.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

yep its you and me steven!

Anyone want our autographs now? only €50!

Seriously I hope everyone tunes in if its been going for 4 years its exactly teh type of show people who use this forum should be listening too.

Fair enough, I better just check with my agent to make sure there's no scheduling conflicts :)

It'll be a good chance for us to pimp the forum a bit, they could have a good listenership that knows nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I did a bit of research, and those of us not able to pick it up (such as those of us in England ;)) can listen in online from here: http://streaming.planetwideradio.com/eastcoast - Note that you require Windows Media Player to listen. I'll be recording the stream once I work out how to, then uploading the part with Mark and Steven (?), and whoever else is there onto my site, in case people didn't get a chance to hear it. I'm gonna have to do some serious compression and quality reduction methinks, just so it doesn't take up a large amount of space!

Website is here btw: http://www.eastcoastradio.tinet.ie/

• Advertisement

KatieK wrote:
    Is on from 10pm till 1am every sun. Good luck lads. I wont hear ya, but hope youll tell all about it. Dont be nervous sure therell only be thousands listening to ya.;)

I never even thought about that when I was on the radio a couple of years back :D

Well we get a cd of the show sent out afterwards (lovely people at the station;)) so I can upload it from the cd, i have loads of space.

Has anyone heard the shoe before? I think if they havent heard of us and we havent heard of them we can all grow from this - PSi and the other mods can start demanding a wage ;)

6th wrote:
    Has anyone heard the shoe before? I think if they havent heard of us and we havent heard of them we can all grow from this - PSi and the other mods can start demanding a wage ;)

What about our cut? We're the ones running around the country doing everything! :p

Try stay on topic Kennett!

Er, right...

Yayyyy for Mark and co!!!!1one1!one

:D

• Advertisement

A spoken radio recording will compress down hugely without much of a loss in quality. It can be dropped to mono too for extra savings.
    6th wrote:
    Well we get a cd of the show sent out afterwards (lovely people at the station) so I can upload it from the cd, i have loads of space.
    It's not really space that's the problem, it's the bandwith that'll be used up by the inevitable huge number of downloads.

6th wrote:
    Has anyone heard the shoe before? I think if they havent heard of us and we havent heard of them we can all grow from this - PSi and the other mods can start demanding a wage
    I think someone did mention it before actually, I'm too lazy to search but it may have been Mysteria ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Ah poo. I'm going to see the da vinci code tonight. Will someone be able to record this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Looking foprward to the file 6th.

Is there a webscast of the station?

Yes the station has a live stream on the site at www.eastcoast.fm looking forward to tonights show will see what we're letting ourselves in for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

omegod <screams like a girlie> celebrities!

I'be been up to my eyeballs all week and nearly missed this thread, caught it just in time. Looking forward to the show lads, hope you do us proud.

solas wrote:
    omegod <screams like a girlie> celebrities!

I'be been up to my eyeballs all week and nearly missed this thread, caught it just in time. Looking forward to the show lads, hope you do us proud.

Actually i think some people think we are on tonight. We're on on the 11th June but am just sitting down to listen in now myself.

Nice show 1 hour in, topics are interesting even if they are not ones i generally consider. Nice relaxed format - plus ....we got a mention!
    They said they'd have people on in 3 weeks who would be talking about paranormal investigations and that these people are off to do one in Charleville - so no turning back now!

I tried to log on earlier (yep I thought you were on tonight) and couldn't get the stream running, just as well I have until june to sort it :)

looks around for puter type person to assist me

solas wrote:
    looks around for puter type person to assist me
    Anything to help our screaming groupies .... :)

What error/problem are you having ?

figured some of it out but still not getting the program.
    I had to adapt my firewall and then i had to change the connection settings for the player, which worked, but now all i have is a screen with images and it tells me i'm connected to eastcoast.fm but I hear no program.?

• Advertisement

Depending on the player you're using you may need to download the windows media 9 codecs. You can get them here, make sure you read the bits about different versions of windows media player.

k, downloaded that, still nothing. (I didn't read the bits about different versions tho)
    will pm you about it. (tomorrow)

I'm on WMP 10 and it works, though that said, I also have some "mega" codecs pack.

Could be worth upgrading windows media player if it's not at least version 9, I've heard some iffy stuff about 10 relating to DRM and privacy issues and haven't tried it myself yet so I'd recommend to try version 9 first.

Ok people this is on again tonight from 10pm til 1am. Another 2 weeks til we're on but definately think i'm gonna becoming a regular listener as theres notr eally anything else like this for irish listeners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Spirals

I can't wait to hear the show on the 11th! I never knew this show existed either but I'll definitely be tuning in from now on.

A new forum AND a new radio show to listen to all in one week. Excellent :D

Laura

Ok this is a radio show in the states but I found this article on it and its just a nice story about two guys with an interest in the paranormal.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&amp;c=MGArticle&amp;cid=1137836315792&amp;path=!flair&amp;s=1045855936229

And people dont forget its this Sunday that Stevenmu and myself are on EastCoast Radio.

Any ideas on what you'd like to hear?

Ok so are people gonna actually tune in to hear us on sunday? its online as a satream as we said but not sure if its available everyone on the radio?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I wont be able to hear you, we dont receive east coast down here. And I wont be near my computer. But loads of luck with it.:)

Advertisement