Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tidying the bedroom... where to start...?

Options
  • 02-05-2006 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Ok, well Ive been ridiculously busy with work and play over the past few weeks, and as a result Ive let my bedroom get totally messy and it looks like a bomb has hit it.

I can't see the floor anymore and my paper-basket is overflowing, my bin is too (yes at least i do the separating for recycling a small thing but still). the wardrobe doors are open with stuff falling out. there are shoes and socks and clothes all over the floor and hanging over the furnishings. Magazines and books lying everywere along with bottles of creams and razors and even some soft toys (dont know where they came from) empty cans and unopened bags of popcorn... An unbeliveable amount of rubbish and junk has somehow accumulated under the bed... I can't tell where anything is anymore...

Where do I start! I've got to clean it today as its the only chance I'll get for a long time... yikes. So any tips on cleaning bedrooms?!

Short of getting in a JCB to just shovel everyting out i dont know where to start... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Eh is it that bad? Can you actually see any surfaces?

Step 1:Get big plastic bag.
    Step 2:Throw anything that looks like rubbish into bag.
    Step 3: Reassess situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Holy cow :rolleyes: your parents must have been proud of you. I'll tell you where you don't start - by going onto boards. Just start cleaning something, it'll eventually start to make a visible difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead presumes you've got a few cream socks stuck to your wall as well. If I were you I'd peel those buggers off before they get attached to the paintwork. Also when cleaning my room I tend to use the hoover to get rid of the pesky rats. Good Luck in your quest. see you on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead presumes you've got a few cream socks stuck to your wall as well. If I were you I'd peel those buggers off before they get attached to the paintwork. Also when cleaning my room I tend to use the hoover to get rid of the pesky rats. Good Luck in your quest. see you on the other side.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

canofpetrol1ii.jpg

match8qo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

1. Get off the internet, the room isn't going to tidy itself.
    2. Sort dirty clothes from clean ones. Leave clean clothes on your bed for folding away / hanging later, put dirty ones in wash basket
    3. Empty your bins & all rubbish on floor.

Reassess the situation then.

You should find it isn't as bad as it seemed once the above 3 are done.

Oh, & make sure you do put away the clean clothes properly, & change your bed sheets.

after all the clutter has been cleared, you may as well do a good dusting / hoovering while you're in the mood.

(God knows when the cleaning bug will hit you again!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Thats what parents are for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I'm ready to start, have black bin bag, hoover on stand-by, nice fresh bed linens, cleaning stuff and cloth and the washing machine is empty and ready for a load. and most importantly I am motivated! haha. ok il let ye know how it goes. I cant belive it got so out of control usually i am a v. tidy person... :o;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Firstly, make a detailed inventory of the contents of your room including but not limited to, all objects, all rubbish, any stains or damage you can see. (You can leave yourself off this list)

I have an Excel speadsheet containing an advanced cleaning algorithm so once I receive your inventory, I shall carefully input each item just as you have described it. My spreadsheet will now calculate, which items are actually disposible and which should be retained. It will list the order in which you should remove / relocate each item in order to achieve the fastest and best possible results. For each stain, an appropriate stain remover will be suggested. Likewise, any repairs will be detailed with a cost/time benefit analysis.

Of course, you could just stop procrastinating and clean the f*cking room...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

*blam* *ker-pow*

to the pointless threads forum batman....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I would just sell the house and leave it to the new occupants to clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Tbh, clean bed/tabletops, remove dirt from floor, putting valuables on bed/tabletop, and repeat! A box is always handy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Bin Bag
    Clothes & shoes off the floor & it possible brought to wherever they usually go or else out onto the landing.
    Clear floor as much as possible.
    Organise clothes
    try to sort out the rest.

If all else fails, go shopping & buy storage containers & at least you can say you actively did something about the mess & move on!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Start at the bottom.

First tidy up the stuff on the floor, then tidy the stuff on top of the stuff that's on the floor. And work your way up to the ceiling

Tip: borrow a TARDIS and a black hole - one for stuff you want to keep and one stuff you don't want.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dig up you fool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Ooh i found my thread. well i tidied my bedroom folks! It took me the whole day.

i got really into it as i went along and threw out loads of stuff.
    now i am selling some clothes and boots on ebay. brilliant.

also went and bought some more drawers and stuff to keep stuff tidyer.

I am a legend! my room looks deadly, all new and shiny ;)

Advertisement