Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new Premium text rate number for Newstalk

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭GusherING

Dunphy isn't presenting this week. Was he disciplined for slating the managment all last week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

how was he slating them? i didn't catch him last week, but other presenters (eg. moncrieff) were saying things like "and that will cost you, as eamon dunphy says, 30c"

i couldn't pick an insult out of that, but they kept doing it so i presume there's somethin in it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

no i think he's off for the week. they won't discipline him. they need him.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

I was listening to the repeats on newstalk last night, and during the Orla Barry/Life repeat, they had a contact Newstalk ad on. It still has the old 086 number as the one to text to.

I haven't been listening to the station much recently, has there been any noticable drop in listener comments?

i heard hooke commenting saying they done get as much crap anymore.

• Advertisement

there is an advert now on the station encouraging people to text in. the ad starts off by saying how many 1000's of texts they get.

if they get so many, why are they advertising to listeners to text in ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

f*ck them.i dont text anymore,used to send texts free from o2.ie .people wont be as likely to send in a text now and the station will suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Is it just me or are the texts sent in now just annoying? Most of the time the opinions lack any sort of insight and just spout one or other of the extreme views on whatever the issue being discussed is. Before the premium rate I used to enjoy the range of opinions that the texts would provide, but now I hate when presenters read out listeners texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Anyone know how many texts they were getting before and how many now?

Advertisement