Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 is dead, long live Oblivion

Options
  • 18-04-2006 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Since Oblivion arrived on the scene I have played nearly no BF2 and a considerable amount of people I used to play with have done similar. so now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I've seen your stats and d'others, would'nt blame you for not playing BF2 anymore.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

MrTimewalk wrote:
    Since Oblivion arrived on the scene I have played nearly no BF2 and a considerable amount of people I used to play with have done similar. so now.

So now?
    Have you mistaken this forum for your livejournal? We don't care what you play.

And BF is not dead, considering it has its own forum………and Oblivion doesn't. Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Thing with oblivion is, its a short term game, when ya've finished everything in it, theres nothing left to do, but with BF2 theres ALWAYS someone to kill, etc etc.

BF2, and the series in general are gonna be around for alot longer than oblivion, believe me on that one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Oblivion is crap, and I am a serious morrowind fan. It is too console orientated. Played it for a few days, graphics are excellent but gameplay is crap, and what is the story with the horses? haha... ask me arse...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got bored of oblivion after 3 days.

I fail to see the point of this thread,both games are very differemt.
    I like most others play many games apart from BF2 but we dont come on to claim BF2 is dead yet you post here claiming BF2 is dead cos little old you plays Oblivion,go away now please :rolleyes:

lol hes probably gone to ever other dedicated game forum to post the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I have to say I haven't played BF2 since Oblivion came out, I am not claiming to be the king of BF2 or anything but I was getting well into it and then bam Oblivion hit me.

It isn't the worlds best game but very addictive with good replay value as you can restart as many classes and races and have a very diferent experience

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

I could have worded that better I guess. What I'm wondering is has anyone else noticed a drop in the number of people playing BF2 since Oblivion came out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I don't play as much because, quite frankly the gung ho element I see these days rightly piss. me. off. I remember I worked as part of a proper squad on Dam and it was great. Another time, myself, Viri and Yitty worked as a 2man/1woman team and blew people away, fantastic. If I saw more of that in games I'd play more, oh and TKers, I piss on them stupid bastards...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

nope hasnt changed imho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Could of said the same about world of warcraft... that has it's own forum too... ;)

Same thing will be said when D&D online comes out and Lord of the Rings Online come out. Only differance is that they are actually playable. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

MrTimewalk wrote:
    I could have worded that better I guess. What I'm wondering is has anyone else noticed a drop in the number of people playing BF2 since Oblivion came out?

Nope but did notice a drop in the number of yanks from limerick playing BF2.

Actually if anything theres been an increase, before my filters were ping < 90, not full, not populated, ranked with medium and large maps. i used get 80-90 valid servers, as of about 2 weeks ago, it's around 300 servers. course than be read as less full servers, but it'll all be answered come next LAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I'm going off topic

Advertisement