Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want to learn Portuguese!

• 05-04-2006 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Hey, I am looking to learn a bit of Portuguese over the next year of college and maybe through the summer. Is there anyone out there that knows anyone teaching it in Cork or who would be willing to just give me lessons!! If not anyone know how hard a language it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 guiga20

may i help you?
    my native language is portuguese.

grab my skype id: guiga20 or guisadus (at) yahoo (dot) com (dot) br

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

cool, I jsut sent you an email there. I don't have Skype but I might download it just for this. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Portuguese isn't too bad a language to pick up.. I'm rubbish at languages and found it easy enough to get by when I was over in Brazil.

Be sure to learn Brazilian portuguese though... Brazilian women are very nice.

How did you learn it? Thats where I'm planning on going to alright. I figure if I can get either version I will be at least understandable right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You'd be surprised. There are actually a good few differences.

I got myself one of the Talk Now CD-ROMs

http://www.multilingualbooks.com/talknow.html

It was pretty good.

• Advertisement

Damn they are pricey enough. I think they sell them in college, may take a look tomorrow. Thanks

Advertisement