Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Spanish Lessons

Options
  • 09-03-2006 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm from cork and I'm planning to go traveling in South America for 6 months at the end of June, and i need to learn some spanish before i go. Anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

You could get through Pimsleur Spanish I-III in that time. It focuses on South American Spanish, and you'd have a good level of understanding by the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 David_83

Hey magic monkey, thanks for responding i had a look at pimsleur spanish on the net its quite expensive at $120 a set. Have u used it yourself, and if you did was it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Hi David,

I'm on lesson 25 of Pimsleur III and find it excellent, and yes, they are expensive courses. However, your local library should have it in stock (some Dublin libraries do at least). If you can't find Pimsleur, the Assimil and Barrons FSI courses are also supposed to be good. But seeing as you're leaving so soon, Pimsleur would be the most effective overall.

Advertisement