Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TEFL in South Korea

• 21-02-2006 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hello everybody,

Having just recently failed in my application for the JET programme (teach english in Japanese schools for a year), im now considering teaching english in South Korea.

Bearing in mind i have no TEFL qualifications or experience (probably reason i didnt get accepted for Japan), but i do have a graduate degree and fluency in a foregin language....i'd be very interested to hear from anyone who has done TEFL in Korea.

What organisations take care of TEFL in Korea? Would you have links to their websites, or at least the organisations names? Did you have a good experience? etc etc.

p.s. I suppose id better do a TEFL course in the mean time...

Merci.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

46 viewings of the letter above, and not one response yet???

Im sure there must be some TEFL heads out there who TEFL'ed their way through South Korea for a year......(i know these people exist, they're obviously just not viewing this board).

Anyway, im going there in a few weeks (even though im ****ting myself!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I've only ever done TEFL in Ireland.. I'll move your post over to Languages and see if you have any luck there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Theres a korean forum. I don't know the answer offhand but I can check into it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Rcuomo

you should check out eslcafe.com - this site has loads of useful info on tefl teaching abroad and dedicated forums. I'm sure there's a korean forum where you could get all your answers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

thanks,

that eslcafe.com website was just what i was looking for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement