Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Anyone interested in getting some Razer gear - Scan's Today Only has some on the bottom of the page. Not too sure how much of a saving there is to be made though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

The WW2 online shooter Day of Defeat: Source is only $4.99 + VAT on Steam this week. It's been around a few years, but in my mind still my favourite ever online shooter, so highly recommended.

P.

Was in Game on Dawson St and they also have some nice PC game prices:

* F.E.A.R Platinum Edition: €24.99 (or €20 in their "2 for €40" deal).

Original game plus two standalone expansions; I paid €36 for this
    on play.com only last month *groan*

* Mass Effect: €24.98

Great price for a new game; again, I only bought this a few weeks ago for €36 online *double groan*

* Medieval II Total War: €14.98

At least I hadn't already bought this! They also have the gold edition with the expansion pack included for €24.98.

* Hellgate: London: €24.98

* Quake, Far Cry and Thief: Deadly Shadows: €5 each in their
    "3 for €15" deal. If you only buy one, get Thief:DS.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Jericho about 5GBP from softuk.com,i dont even bother with the currency at that price.

http://www.softuk.com/PC_Video_Games_Product_View.asp?ProdID=PCUK71024182530

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Got Saint's Row, Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Shadowrun for 30 euro altogther today in Game.
    Also picked up Wartech for around a tenner from play-asia - who were also doing Ninja Gaiden II for 22 euro but when I got round to ordering it was back up at 33. Got an xbox VGA cable from them as well for around 4 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

check out play.com they allways have some sort of sale/bargain on..lol Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Platinum) 20.99€ Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots €41.99 Ratchet & Clank: Tools Of Destruction (Platinum) 20.99€ Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 €25.49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

The Red Star for the PS2 - 2.98 Euro from GAME. It's a bargain, trust me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

No idea if its just zavvi in athlone town centre(the newish shopping centre)or just all zavvis in general , but they were selling off a load of PC games for a euro each , nabbed prey , vietcong2,red faction 2, settlers IV, serious sam II, and load of others.2 or 3 boxes of games when you walked in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I grabbed Devil May Cry 4 for €21.99 off CDWOW.ie last night, checked it today and it's gone back up to €37.99. Result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

yeah zavvi in dundrum are selling off games for a euro too

• Advertisement

I grabbed Devil May Cry 4 for €21.99 off CDWOW.ie last night, checked it today and it's gone back up to €37.99. Result!

I got it for 10.99 sterling which is under 15 euro. I had a £3 voucher.

Handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Bolgey

i was in gamestop (henry Street) the other day, and i found a great bargain. they had two gamecube bundles left for the great amount of only 45 euro each. in the bundle, there was an official gamecube console and controller and donkey konga plus bongos. i snapped one up right there and then. i believe there is still one left if anyone is interested.

just thought i'd share that bit of info with you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Game in the Ilac Centre have a few copies of the Dreamfall Limited Edition box set in stock for €25.

This comes with Dreamfall, The Longest Journey, Soundtrack CD and lovely art book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Michael-O'Neill

platinum games are out on the ps3 wich means the are like 20-30 euros! whoopie!:eek::D:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Game in the Ilac Centre have a few copies of the Dreamfall Limited Edition box set in stock for €25.

This comes with Dreamfall, The Longest Journey, Soundtrack CD and lovely art book.

Dreamfall is on Steam for $30.24 USD (around €21) with 'The Longest Journey', or for $24.19 (€17) around on its own - both inc tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

That's a great box set, and not as rare as I thought it would be. There's a few copies in GAME in Blanchardstown too - part of a 2 for €40 offer I think. I went looking for it the week it came out and it was €40. I went back the next week and it had dropped to €25 that quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Game in Galway have new copies of Ninja Gaiden 2 for €25... Not a bad deal at all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Eternal Sonata for Xbox360 is only 15€ in Smyths,brand new aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Bolgey

game in dawson street are selling resident evil 4 for the gamecube for eight quid and final fantasy x-2 for the ps2 is the same price too. resident evil is preowned, but final fantasy is brand spanking new:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ninja gaiden 2 in game for 24 blips.

kdjac

• Advertisement

That's a great box set, and not as rare as I thought it would be. There's a few copies in GAME in Blanchardstown too - part of a 2 for €40 offer I think. I went looking for it the week it came out and it was €40. I went back the next week and it had dropped to €25 that quickly.

Got a copy in GAME, thanks.

One annoying thing was the fact that they urged me to take a loyalty card (even after I said I don't buy games in shops much) and NOT telling me they charge €5 for the privilege! Didnt' notice 'til I checked the receipt at home. I didn't even get any points/money off for the game I bought at the same time.

P.

Picked up Prey on 360 preowned for 5 euro in Game, Mahon Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,310 ✭✭✭✭noodler

EA are giving away Red Alert 1 for free. And RA2 for free if you preorder RA3.

http://www.ea.com/redalert/news-detail.jsp?id=62

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

got a used gamecube in game on dawson st. for €20

and a used xbox there aswell for €15

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

jayteecork wrote: »
    Picked up Prey on 360 preowned for 5 euro in Game, Mahon Point.

Got it myself and I'm surprised by how good it is. There's a lot of Portal in there, before Portal was Portal, if you catch my drift.

Until Sept 8th, the ID Super Pack on Steam is on sale for half-price - with VAT, this works out for Irish folk at $42 (€29).

The full list is:
    • Commander Keen
    • DOOM 3
    • DOOM 3 Resurrection of Evil
    • DOOM II
    • Final DOOM
    • HeXen
    • HeXen II
    • HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
    • Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders
    • Master Levels for Doom II
    • QUAKE
    • QUAKE II
    • QUAKE II Mission Pack: Ground Zero
    • QUAKE II Mission Pack: The Reckoning
    • QUAKE III: Team Arena
    • QUAKE Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon
    • QUAKE Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity
    • Quake III Arena
    • Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    • Spear of Destiny
    • Ultimate DOOM
    • Wolfenstein 3D

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

The price of the games will vary betweeen shops as the start to get older but you can't beat Harvey Normans for new games. € 56 maximum for any game new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

spore in gamestop in dungarvan 30 euro today got it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

mercenaries 2 30e on the xbox 360 in game on dawson st today

• Advertisement

xbox36016 wrote: »
    spore in gamestop in dungarvan 30 euro today got it

That's pretty good - anyone know if anywhere in Dublin is offering for that price?

P.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement