Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

might take a trip up to their carrickmines branch, see if they have any bargies like that

• Registered Users Posts: 16 eire2go

anyone spotted anything good lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

FIFA 09 is €26.99 in HMV in Henry Street in Dublin only on Xbox 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Where has the best price for Saints Row 2 ? Seen it in Golden Discs today for €60, far from a bargain !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just bought Little Big Planet on play.com there. It was 41.99 euro.

Bargain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Where has the best price for Saints Row 2 ? Seen it in Golden Discs today for €60, far from a bargain !!

Online or offline, and PS3 or 360?

VG+ are hard to beat;
    http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=14109&osCsid=c412848c79f589fe5fe1c25b0e8b28a0
    http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=14110&osCsid=c412848c79f589fe5fe1c25b0e8b28a0

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bluefish

tman,

Is there any impact on buying the games from Canada (online gaming,etc)?

Bluefish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Weekend offer on Steam, works out at €9.40 including tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Possibly most people here will have all or most of these games, but if you are new to PC gaming, this is the best €95 you'll spend:

Counter-Strike,
    Team Fortress Classic,
    Day of Defeat,
    Deathmatch Classic,
    Half-Life: Opposing Force,
    Ricochet,
    Half-Life,
    Counter-Strike: Condition Zero,
    Half-Life: Blue Shift,
    Half-Life 2,
    Counter-Strike: Source,
    Half-Life: Source,
    Day of Defeat: Source,
    Half-Life 2: Deathmatch,
    Half-Life 2: Lost Coast,
    Half-Life Deathmatch: Source,
    Half-Life 2: Episode One,
    Portal,
    Half-Life 2: Episode Two,
    Team Fortress 2,
    Left 4 Dead,
    Peggle Extreme

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Wireless Xbox 360 controller, Kung Fu Panda and other game (I believe it was Lego Indiana Jones as this seems to be a product which is supposed to be bundled with consoles) - €40

If You're quick enough, H.N. Airside have a table at the entrance to the electronics section on which everything is half price. Yesterday there a single Xbox 360 wireless controller and the wireless gaming receiver (to hook it up to a Windows PC) on the table. Half price at €25. That price is for both items together. Ah, finally found a suitable link to give you an idea of the product: [Link]

There were a couple of wired 360 controllers on the table too (which can also be hooked up to a PC). Half price at €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

brothers in arms 3: hells highway, 27.99 on play inc free t shirt on ps3 and xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Play.com also have Bully on Xbox 360 for €12.99 postage included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Where is the best place to get a ps3?
    Are there different versions of them? I read somewhere that some of them can play ps2 games and some can't..?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

pwd wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get a ps3?
    Are there different versions of them? I read somewhere that some of them can play ps2 games and some can't..?

Thanks

You should ask that question in the Playstation forum. In general the latest ones aren't backwards compatible (80GB & 160GB models)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=523

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

All of the current models will not be backwards compatible with ps2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Horse and Hound

mass effect,halo 3,gow1 for €45 in xtravision,buy 2 get 3rd free

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

mass effect,halo 3,gow1 for €45 in xtravision,buy 2 get 3rd free

45 each or for all 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

New Midnight Club and New Need for Speed, €35 and €45 in Smyths on PS3 until Sunday I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Bolgey

golden discs are selling halo 3 brand new for 15 quid, in st. stephens green anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

45 each or for all 3?

Probably the 2nd hand range, most games are €20 so averages out about €40 for 3 games, depends on the individual prices.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Probably the 2nd hand range, most games are €20 so averages out about €40 for 3 games, depends on the individual prices.

aw, not going to get them then, xtravision just accept all games without even looking at them. got one there one and it was scratched to bits, same happened with my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 26,264 ✭✭✭✭noodler

aw, not going to get them then, xtravision just accept all games without even looking at them. got one there one and it was scratched to bits, same happened with my friend

Eh wrong. I worked there for 3 years and never let anything in that wasn't prestine (why would I? If it didn't work when I sell it-who has to deal with the customer who returns it?).

Sorry you had a bad experience but its not like it is a XV policy not to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

GRAW 2
    Eternal Sonata
    Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
    Bully: Scholarship Edition
    The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
    The Club

All €13.99 on Play.com, inc delivery.

PGR3 €13 in gamesnash.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Where's the cheapest place to get GTA IV on Xbox 360?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Club is 9.99 on the 360 in PC World
    BattleStations Miday is 9.99 on the 360 in Gamestop.

Both new.

moz wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest place to get GTA IV on Xbox 360?

cheers
    Hard game to get at a good price, everywhere still charges full price for it from what I can see, my advice: http://www.gamesnash.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_25&products_id=647 €58.99
    The price difference between retailers will be minimal I would imagine.

The Club is 9.99 on the 360 in PC World
    BattleStations Miday is 9.99 on the 360 in Gamestop.

Both new.

the reason The Club is so cheap is because it is RUBBISH. i returned it after 3 hours- the most monotonous game EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Hard game to get at a good price, everywhere still charges full price for it from what I can see, my advice: http://www.gamesnash.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_25&products_id=647 €58.99
    The price difference between retailers will be minimal I would imagine.

Thanks for the info dude.
    I might have a look around for a second hand game in the stores.

moz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Most smart retailers won't drop the price of the Xbox 360 version of GTA4 because they know there's a downloadable expansion coming out exclusively on the Xbox 360 next year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement