Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A1's back

Options
  • 29-01-2006 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

A1 is back on this weekend. highlights will probably be on rte2 later in the week. Cmon ireland!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I'm ashamed to say that I forgot all about this series very quickly....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Ah how A1 reminds me of those gleeful weekends as a child in Courtown bashing around in the bumper cars. Seriously talk about amateur night. It makes for good entertainment but theres some bloody crap drivers in A1. Reminds me of the time me and my mates went go-karting (if we had of been drunk while doing it.):D

I thought the track was good though, The Durban street circuit. Plenty of opportunities for overtaking and tight racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Scober11

Its a pity F3 or something of that calibar wasn't there, looks a good circuit and it would be great to see more racing on street circuits....What was the story with the nosecones , surely the organisers having watched the carnage on "proper" circuits would have brought over a ship load of spares for a street circuit. It will take 2/3 years for this championship to fully take off and produce more quality throughout the field imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Scober11 wrote:
    It will take 2/3 years for this championship to fully take off and produce more quality throughout the field imo.

Has it got 2/3 years even? as nuttzz said most forgot this series pretty quickly. Id class myself as a bigger fan than most when it comes to A1 but I cant say I lost sleep over the extra long winter break. Also the crowds arent turning up at events and with the caliber of raising shown yesterday Id say its looking very shaky indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gs39t

It's already a thousand times better than F1 (F-what? :rolleyes: ) but yes, half the drivers need to go back to gokarts. The two races this weekend were fantastic; the basic idea of the sport with identical cars and all works very well. , just a few things need to be ironed out. Like, the complete lack of safety (leaving the chinese car sitting in the middle of the track for 2 laps? c'mon :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i just dont like A1 racing. i gave up watching it. i love formula 1 and the indy racing league.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gs39t

triple h wrote:
    i just dont like A1 racing. i gave up watching it. i love formula 1 and the indy racing league.

I never miss an IRL race, but F1 just isnt worth the bother. It's probably the only form of racing i dont watch anymore. I'm not holding much hope on the V8's spicing things up either :(

Advertisement