Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Count?

Options
  • 27-12-2005 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Do you care about how many posts a person has / how long ago they registered? Would you have more respect for someone with 5k posts than someone with 50?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

No, i might be abit wary buying something off someone who has only joined though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Only on the purchasing front really... people can have thousands of posts but still have nothing to say.

Rhyme wrote:
    Only on the purchasing front really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

in most cases yes i would

unless its angelwhore or asok then no . unless im buying somthing most people dont want to lose a 2k postcount nick .

somone registered in december of this year and had 2 posts called another user a prick or simular . for his view on a matter i called that poster a muppet

ye hear it is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50584278&postcount=29

depending to whois posting i would recognise a good few names and know if they talk crap like myself or if what they say is worth reading

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

Do you care about how many posts a person has / how long ago they registered? Would you have more respect for someone with 5k posts than someone with 50?

"yawn" :rolleyes: Must be a slow news day :v:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I'm pretty wary of people who start threads that have been done a few zillion times before tbh. :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭OsamaBinLaden

i'm pretty wary of people who point out that something has been done before.
    the internet is a big place and not everyone has seen everything on it.

as for post count, i believe in quality over quantity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Then there'e the post count whore's. They post and don't actually make a point.

Like this :D

And this :eek:

God I'm such a post count whore, please forgive me :p

• Advertisement

I can't help myself. I think I need help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

i'm pretty wary of people who point out that something has been done before.

Im pretty wary of people who point out people who have pointed out things that have been done before tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

no because if you actually take a look at the amount of posts person X has made, he could turn out to be a complete arrogant spamming tosser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

point made K-TRIC... :rolleyes: No, I don't care about post count besides buying/selling stuff on boards as the other lads pointed out. For everything else I already know who the heads are on here and who the muppets are that have the large post counts but just talk complete sheeeite. ;) :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I only read posts by people with 2000 posts +

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

someone say something???? hehheh

rid that's so true
    only if i was buying off someone i'd be wary but still go ahead with it, as i don't have to hand over cash. but other than that no.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

the only difference between low post count and high post count people is that low post count people tend to post threads like this for the millionth time and high post counters look like the baddie when they bring it to thier attention....

oh btw, there is a "search" button incase you were wondering what the answers to this question were previously ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Tusky wrote:
    I only read posts by people with 2000 posts +
    Bit of a strange rule tbh. I know plenty of people on here who talk utter sh1te most of the time and some who are actually interesting but post sparingly.

BEAT wrote:
    the only difference between low post count and high post count people is that low post count people tend to post threads like this for the millionth time and high post counters look like the baddie when they bring it to thier attention....

oh btw, there is a "search" button incase you were wondering what the answers to this question were previously ;)

Booo Hissss, be off with ya. Evil baddy.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i take join date and post count into view, especially when dealing on the for sale forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

BEAT wrote:

Eeeeek

K-TRIC wrote:
    Booo Hissss, be off with ya. Evil baddy.:mad:

ohhh just found my tagline of the week, thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭OsamaBinLaden

ever notice how the people who tell you to use the search and not to post something that has been done before are the same ones who will villify you for resurrecting an old thread?

^ not true...noob :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

ever notice how the people who tell you to use the search and not to post something that has been done before are the same ones who will villify you for resurrecting an old thread?

yeah very true ...wasnt too bad tho when the search function was briste!

How did this ever get from my OP to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Thread count, eh?
    I bought some nice sheets today in House of Fraser that have a thread count of 360. They're very nice. I think they may even be the nicest sheets I've ever bought. Egyptian cotton too - I was spoiling myself. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Rhyme wrote:

i like it... blatant unashamed thread racking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

WizZard wrote:
    Thread count, eh?
    I bought some nice sheets today in House of Fraser that have a thread count of 360. They're very nice. I think they may even be the nicest sheets I've ever bought. Egyptian cotton too - I was spoiling myself. :p
    now that was just crap tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement