Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birds in the air....

Options
  • 19-12-2005 8:05pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

First strike heading towards Crumlin with a box of goodies.

This year the big ticket items are going to Debra Ireland and a pile of requested weird stuff (like disco lights and a smoke machine!) are going to Barretstown and we arent even half way through the cash nor gotten to the Santa Clause night out...!

DeV.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

/me puts on mad german accent..

FLY MY PRETTY'S FLY!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Crumlin hit head on with first strike.
    We can confirm that the target was hit and the presents were delivered captain.
    Over and Out.

eggculent!

tbh i never would have thought i'd be buying a smoke machine anytime in my life....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well done that elf!

tbh i never would have thought i'd be buying a smoke machine anytime in my life....

Did you get to play with it yet?

Sh*t, just reminds me, I never got delivery details from Barretstown. Did you guys hit them tonight? If not, I'll call them first thing tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

zaph wrote:
    Well done that elf!

Did you get to play with it yet?

Sh*t, just reminds me, I never got delivery details from Barretstown. Did you guys hit them tonight? If not, I'll call them first thing tomorrow.

Nope Dev was looking to get in touch with you for the details.

• Advertisement

Grand, I'll have them for him in the morning along with Barnardos.

play with is as in lug it from maplins to soopercomputers (james) car, and carry it on my lap the journey,

then yes....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

Any pics of these shennanigans? How was the reaction in Crumlin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Very professional actually. They were very grateful etc, but I got the impression that they were used to receiving such gifts, which I suppose they are.
    No pics of delivery, I didn't even think about bringing a camera.

The amount of stuff that is in DeVs flat is phenomenal. I thought there was a lot, and that was before Souper and the others came back from town!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Heheh that was funny - i wanted to move but COULDNT!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Heheh that was funny - i wanted to move but COULDNT!!
    Hehe yeah, everyone stuck in place, passing stuff around the room ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Strike Two:

I hit Debra Ireland myself (cos they got the short end of the straw before) and delivered the goodies around to them. To say they were surprised is an understatement. They just stood there and looked at me and then couldnt thank us enough. One bloke was particularly impressed that we managed to get not one, not two but 3 PSP's for them (they'd asked Santa for entertainment gear and "maybe a couple of Gameboys". :) ).

He looked at me grinning and said "you have a cool job!" ... which is pretty much true :)

For reference they got:
    A DVD Rerecorder
    A long box full of the latest DVD's and boxed sets (LOTR, Spiderman, Star Wars and more)

3 PSP's and about 20 brand new games (including some duplicates so they can play wirelessly with each other!)

A Buzz-Pack Playstation 2 (its the one with the four controllers so you can play quizzes) and another ton of games for it.

They asked me to pass on their thanks so consider it passed.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The others are shut for xmas and I have more cash in the bank and more cash coming in after tonight's gig. Next strike is Barretstown.

DeV.

Delighted that Debra Ireland got hit before Christmas. The girl there seemed genuinely amazed that we thought of them and was really appreciative of anything we could do for them. To be able to hit them with so much is truly excellent.

Advertisement