Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target Requests

Options
  • 07-12-2005 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭

OK, got the first requests back today from Barretstown. The guy I need to speak to and I kept missing each other, but he left a message for me saying that they have their own wishlists on their website. Specifically he mentioned that they'd be grateful if we could supply anything from their theatre list. The full list is:

Bubble machine
    Dry ice machine
    2ft, 3ft, 4ft cubes (building blocks)
    Costumes for children and adults
    Disco lights
    Face paints
    Radio microphones
    Stage microphones (three-pin type)

Not on the list, he also mentioned a mirror ball. The two things he specifically mentioned were costumes and especially face paints, which they go through at a fierce rate and is quite expensive. He didn't mention any specific types of costumes, so no idea what he has in mind.

Hopefully the Debra Ireland and the Bubblegum Club will get back to me soon. I'll PM DeV about Barnardos as there's no word yet on the other thread about whether or not I should call them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

zaph wrote:
    I'll PM DeV about Barnardos as there's no word yet on the other thread about whether or not I should call them.

Sure can you not ring them up for a chat maybe or you dont want to ring them to build their hopes up ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That's basically it Sarge. I'll ring 100 places if asked to, there's no problem there, but I don't want to contact anywhere and build up their hopes in case we can't look after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Well hopefully you get the go ahead from the gods above because i think its teh best charity to target and the one that could need the most support at this time of year.

I agree, and they're one that I'd particularly like to help myself as they do great work. I've PM'd DeV, so hopefully there won't be a problem.

Debra Ireland have come back to me with their list. They'd love to receive any of the following:

- Portable TV with inbuilt DVD player for use in hospital

- A portable DVD player which would be used by patients in hospital.

- A selection of DVD's such as the Simpsons, or films like Monster Inc, The Shrek box set, A Bug's Life, Ice Age, etc.

- Soft books for children.

- A gameboy and some games.

- Play Station games.

Dappergent and Henbane, I'll PM you later with contact details and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm all for helping Barnardos. Sorry I've had some RL issues to deal with.
    Those lists look perfect Zaph. I think we can manage a few of those!

I'm going to announce the details of the hits tonight, We'll be going on Monday it looks like.

DeV.

OK, I've gottten the list back from Barnardos and it's fairly simple stuff - arts & craft materials. They said they have all the toys they need already, but their day centres are always short of this sort of stuff, so basically what they're after is:

paints
    crayons
    pencils
    markers
    scrap books
    coloured paper

I'm sure there's other stuff could be added too.

Advertisement