Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marty Friedman Video Lesson - Broadband only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

thats class,wish i had broadband at home to get that sh!t down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Right, I'm quite the newbie when it comes to stuff like this, but I really really didn't enjoy what he was playing. In fact, I kinda thought it sounded awful... :(

The little bio says he's considered very highly, so I'm probably missing something. Anyone any other opinions? (Oh, and I do agree Karl, the layout of the lesson *is* very good!)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭johnwoods

Theres one bend in it towards the start that really sounds dirt until it gets to where its going, (and in the video its not held at this note for any more than a fraction of a second) which in my opinion is y u think it sounds awful.

Cheers John, but with all due respect, it takes more than one bum note to make me disapprove :)

What I mean is the style and what's being played really don't do anything for me at all. The reason I think it's weird is that Marty Friedman is considered to be very good, but I couldn't even find myself going "Well, it's not my thing, but he's great at what he does", y'know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Deathfunk... I don't know what to say. Marty Friedman is quite possibly one of the best guitarists out there, and he's easily one of the most original and innovative in heavy metal aswell. Surely you've heard Megadeth? Marty was with them for possibly some of their best albums. Whip out Rust In Peace, and just give it a listen.

• Advertisement

Will do Karl. I know that he was with Megadeth, but what I meant was that the licks etc. he was playing in those videos probably weren't the best to introduce a novice like me to him! (Which of course, was the aim of this thread, right? It's all about me me me... ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What the dude in the video was playing was part of a solo, not any licks.

Go here, and you should be able to listen to some songs from his last album.

Advertisement