Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pics of Korea1

• 17-11-2005 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

I and my Irish family were in many places of Korea.:v:
    Just want to introduce about Korea for Irish here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frany

frany wrote:
    I and my Irish family were in many places of Korea.:v:
    Just want to introduce about Korea for Irish here.

The first one is Han river in Yeouido of Seoul.
    Han river is quite big flows through the middle side of Seoul.
    There are many facilities for citizens like park, restaurants, music concerts,
    basketball courts, the place you can rent a bike, etc..etc..

The 2nd one is Hyonchungsa temple in Onyang.
    It's a shrine for memorizing, the great admiral,
    Lee Soonshin in Chosun Dynasty.(Old name of Korea)
    He was killed in the war against Japan(Samurai)
    but he won 23 times in 23 wars against Japan.
    All the Koreans still respect him.
    He is a great hero to Koreans.

The 3rd one is Korean food is called kalbi.
    I think almost of westerners love this.
    I've never seen any westerners refuse to eat this.
    This is kind of barbequed beef.

The 4th one was taken in Seoul.
    But I don't remember where it was.

The last one is Mt.Sorak in the county, Kangwondo.
    The scenery is very beautiful but has lots of dangerous cliffs
    and msot of the climbing roads are sharp.
    If you want to lose your weight in a short while,
    then just walk on the Mt.Sorak for only 1 day.
    And then you can find 2~3 kilograms(4~6 lbs) will be gone already. haha..

a little more..

frany wrote:
    a little more..

The 1st one is Bulguksa temple for the buddist in Kyoungju,the county Kyoungsangdo.
    It has been over 1,000 years in Shilla(older name than Chosun of Korea).
    This is very famous in Korea.
    There were a lot of foot prints(the messages of visiters on the stone) from many foreigners.
    I could find a person from Ireland(Irish) left his own message as well.:D

From the 2nd to 4th ones are Kosu cave.
    It has been around thousands years.
    It was sad that I didn't hafve any camcorder.
    The cave was very fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ponymanhorseshu

Your grammer sounds like Konglish - Korean english (I've just finished teaching english in Korea for a year). Are you sure you're not trying to promote Korea by posting 'attractive' (I've just been to Korea, and by Korean standards these are 'attractive' pictures similar to ones the tourism board uses to promote the country) pictures on this forum? Nice try!!

Korea's ugly!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

They look like Tourist pictures because the majority are at Tourist spots. Thats what happens when you go on holiday you know.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

jeez someone sounds like they've woken up on the wrong side of the bed. you see the thing is that most of the time you useless teachers(if you can call yourselves that) are only there in the first place to get money. you are not interested in the culture or the people or even the experience. you're just in it for the money.

i have also been to korea and loved the experience and thought it was a great place to be, and am looking forward to going back.

the pictures that they posted where a good look at things for other people and where there to show their holiday. nothing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stupefly

Your grammer sounds like Konglish - Korean english (I've just finished teaching english in Korea for a year). Are you sure you're not trying to promote Korea by posting 'attractive' (I've just been to Korea, and by Korean standards these are 'attractive' pictures similar to ones the tourism board uses to promote the country) pictures on this forum? Nice try!!

Korea's ugly!

Why do you say that? I'm thinking about going to Korea,or maybe Japan, for a year teaching as well. I'm really looking forward to learning about their culture. I loved India, and a lot of people used to the Western culture don't, so I'm pretty confident I'll get on ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

stupefly wrote:
    Why do you say that? I'm thinking about going to Korea,or maybe Japan, for a year teaching as well. I'm really looking forward to learning about their culture. I loved India, and a lot of people used to the Western culture don't, so I'm pretty confident I'll get on ok.

hi stupefly, well from being there myself and going there for experience and culture, i can say that you should like korea if you go. i thought it was a great place to be in terms of culture and the things you can do. there are a lot of different things that are not done in ireland that are there for example stores stay open late into the night, EVERYDAY, like till 12. restaurants and everything are full of life late till the night too. the atmosphere and everything with so many people out is great.

it is much safer, in my opinion, than here. but i must say, pack clothes for ALL seasons because they all come. and when they are supposed to. anyways if you need any info, i am sure hobbes or frany would love to help you out.

tails2 wrote:
    hi stupefly, well from being there myself and going there for experience and culture, i can say that you should like korea if you go. i thought it was a great place to be in terms of culture and the things you can do. there are a lot of different things that are not done in ireland that are there for example stores stay open late into the night, EVERYDAY, like till 12. restaurants and everything are full of life late till the night too. the atmosphere and everything with so many people out is great.

it is much safer, in my opinion, than here. but i must say, pack clothes for ALL seasons because they all come. and when they are supposed to. anyways if you need any info, i am sure hobbes or frany would love to help you out.

Yeah..Almost of Koreans are vampires you know. I'm pretty sure most of the shops open until midnight. They open the shop even on Christmas day..haha You were in Korea as well, so you can give him any informations too when I'm busy...hehe

stupefly wrote:

I strongly recommend you to go to Korea. There are lots of students who are waiting for the good English native teacher especially in Seoul. You know there are lots of good stuff that you can't see in Dublin in Seoul. I recommend to visit Chongkechon, chamsil Lotte World, Samsung Coex, Han river,Insadong, and any other palaces in Seoul. Most of foreigners are very impressed to see those things. And you can try Korean food as well. If you like any spicy food, then you'd like Korean food also. I really don't care about the ignorant guy mentioned above. The guy is not worthy to reply. I've never said I'm an Irish but I can say I'm a Korean lived over 30 yrs in Korea. But pls be careful with this only that Koreans hate Americans for some bad troubles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement