Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your classic car;

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

RR3.5 wrote: »
    That museum is worth the trip alone if your interested in unusual and american cars

Yeas that new museum is a fantastic place, I spent 4 hrs there looking around last year, would have stayed longer only it was getting too far past lunchtime! For a museum to hold my interest for that long it had to be good!

Lots of very interesting exhibits there and well laid out too. Worth a flight over for that alone, and there is a Transport Museum (with buses and trucks and stuff) just a 5 min walk down the estate from there, although its not open every day

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Silvera wrote: »
    Did you get a chance to visit the new (since 2015) IoM motor museum?

I did indeed its a fantastic place. I visited it last year too, its very interesting.

20170413_110147_zpsssreftar.jpg

I put a photo album of it on my club's Facebook page if anyone wants to see what its like inside

https://www.facebook.com/pg/shamrockcarandmachineryclub/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1049290298464165

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chester27

guys someone instruct me on how to load a picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

chester27 wrote: »
    guys someone instruct me on how to load a picture

Sign up to an image sharing site like photobucket for example, upload your photo there, then get the image code for forums and copy it, then paste it to here, sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

s15r330 wrote: »
    Sign up to an image sharing site like photobucket for example, upload your photo there, then get the image code for forums and copy it, then paste it to here, sorted.

Just a note to say that Photobucket has gone to the dogs recently - I think that they might be trying to force people to join their subscription service by making the free service terribly slow, but the ironic thing is that I don't want to risk joining only to find that I was wrong and their paid service is gone to the dogs as well :rolleyes:

I've switched to imgur.com and it's great so far (my old Photobucket stuff remains still in place to preserve links).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Type 17 wrote: »
    Just a note to say that Photobucket has gone to the dogs recently - I think that they might be trying to force people to join their subscription service by making the free service terribly slow, but the ironic thing is that I don't want to risk joining only to find that I was wrong and their paid service is gone to the dogs as well :rolleyes:

I've switched to imgur.com and it's great so far (my old Photobucket stuff remains still in place to preserve links).

Can you do folders on imgur? I have used photobucket for a long time but it's been rubbish for ages now. I liked being able to upload to albums/folders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Just had a look, and yes, it seems that you can, although I haven't used them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I don't see the option but I did just notice that it groups your upload into the one folder.

Is there anyway to share a link from the app? I couldn't seem to find it other than doing it from my browser.

And to stay on topic, kinda because I'm not sure is considered a classic just yet, my 318is after I spend 2 days detailing it.

cJ50Yzg_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
    PoW7lM9_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I can't believe that I'm posting this in a classic car thread! I'm driving it since it was 4 years old.

8DFDF0CD-1346-45B3-BB7F-7D5F137F75DB_zpsvqiuvhyq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

Picked this up recently, 1924 Model T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Amazing - and surely a fairly late one too?

How is it to drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 carcrazykieran

kyote00 wrote: »

Wow it looks beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

19400292_10158831993920591_2449236058346246579_o.jpg?oh=df9b4e3aed22cfc2dcdd03d4af4a6523&oe=59E33BC4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/630886/420878.jpeg

In the meantime...here's one we did earlier..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Looks fantastic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GavFitz

Hi Kyote

I see your a Renault 5 man, I have a Renault 5 turbo 1990, it has an engine in it, but heavily modified, I was wondering if you could put me in the direction or someone or somewhere I could get a standard one?

All info greatly appreciated

http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?20196-Clio-Williams-1-No-342-Tidy-Up

Gavin

Dades wrote: »
    Looks fantastic. :)

Thank you, I've had it about eight years, like it a lot, everything works even the eight track! Front shocks are a little tired and the gearbox might benefit from an overhaul but that's just being picky, new stainless exhaust last year so now sounds as it should..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

GavFitz wrote: »
    Hi Kyote

I see your a Renault 5 man, I have a Renault 5 turbo 1990, it has an engine in it, but heavily modified, I was wondering if you could put me in the direction or someone or somewhere I could get a standard one?
    Funny enough I have an engine for a R5 Turbo in my garden shed(and a load of body panels/kit, seats and other bits and bobs for one). Standard and low milage IIRC(under 40k anyway), though it's been sitting in said shed for over twenty years so would need a rebuild. Must get a proper look at the engine over the weekend. Dunno what state it's in, if it still has the turbo etc. I'd be surprised if it didn't. I know parts like the gauge cluster, steering wheel, gear knob and other smaller interior bits are long gone. A guy got them from me back in the 90's and then the tosser never paid me. Pity, as I've seen these days just the gear knobs going for 400+ sterling in the UK. So many were "Max Powered" back then, that standard cars can be hard to find.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Funny enough I have an engine for a R5 Turbo in my garden shed(and a load of body panels/kit, seats and other bits and bobs for one). Standard and low milage IIRC(under 40k anyway), though it's been sitting in said shed for over twenty years so would need a rebuild. Must get a proper look at the engine over the weekend. Dunno what state it's in, if it still has the turbo etc. I'd be surprised if it didn't. I know parts like the gauge cluster, steering wheel, gear knob and other smaller interior bits are long gone. A guy got them from me back in the 90's and then the tosser never paid me. Pity, as I've seen these days just the gear knobs going for 400+ sterling in the UK. So many were "Max Powered" back then, that standard cars can be hard to find.

Its amazing what sits in peoples sheds! I have two Mi16 engines sitting there years too gathering dust!

I really only want the engine for the standard bits and pieces, mine has fancy K-Tec stuff, which Im sure is fine, just not my thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭gfwd

My Triumph 2000

IMG_4123_graded_zpsojtrllf7.jpg

IMG_4129_zps0sis1afu.jpg

And with a 1300 fwd, which I previously owned and is now restored.

IMG_4292_zps2fohfsmb.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/630886/420878.jpeg

In the meantime...here's one we did earlier..

That is just gorgeous, one of my dream cars. The wheels look better than I would have imagined on it tbh.

Thanks, have to admit the wheels look OK from that angle but from side on don't quite fill the arches but I love them so that's what counts!
    After buying the car I trailered it home but just as I was leaving the previous owner said "hang on a sec, I've just remembered I have a spare set of wheels" and he produced these, brand new with new Pirellis! Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

Just saw this now. Not sure I can really help you on the R5 engine...other than to buy a scrapper

I have a 1983 R5 Gordini Turbo, a 81 R5 GTL and a R4 GTL but no spare engines !

Might be worth trying Maurice Roddy (Louth/Dundalk area). There is also a guy in Kilkenny - he organised the Renault stand at the Kilkenny Show each year...

Hi Kyote

All info greatly appreciated

http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?20196-Clio-Williams-1-No-342-Tidy-Up

Gavin

I've a few classics (although a bit more modern classic)

2 of which are my Clio Williams 1 (Number 342) and the Sorrento Limited edition 205 got a refurb over the last year or so ..

421083.jpg

Need to get a few pics of the others, just need to root them out!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Now that's a garage!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

What, no love for the dusty sierra?

Just saw this now. Not sure I can really help you on the R5 engine...other than to buy a scrapper

I have a 1983 R5 Gordini Turbo, a 81 R5 GTL and a R4 GTL but no spare engines !

Might be worth trying Maurice Roddy (Louth/Dundalk area). There is also a guy in Kilkenny - he organised the Renault stand at the Kilkenny Show each year...

Thanks for the reply, love the Gordini turbo, and I'll try those two guys, Im not in a rush but just on the watch out!

Dades wrote: »
    Now that's a garage!

As you probably know, the more space the more you buy!
    Hal1 wrote: »
    What, no love for the dusty sierra?

Its an 88 cosworth, its up next after I get my finger out and finish this 16v Golf!

421133.jpg

On that note, I'm looking for a KR 16V engine loom (MK2 Pre 90 16valve) should any of you vw heads have one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I've a few classics (although a bit more modern classic)

2 of which are my Clio Williams 1 (Number 342) and the Sorrento Limited edition 205 got a refurb over the last year or so ..

421083.jpg

Need to get a few pics of the others, just need to root them out!

giphy.gif

Advertisement