Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barretstown wish list (Part Duex)

Options
  • 26-11-2004 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Sorry in the delay, Life© reared its ugly head. I've listed Argos for a number of these items. I can organise collection in the greater dublin area from you or Argos directly. If you buy an item can you post here asap and let us know so we don't end up with too much. If you can't afford one of these items PM me and I'll either put you touch with somebody else so you can share or give you details on how to make a cash donation.

Anyway here's the latest and greatest on the Wish List:
    • Portable Steroes: 13 needed
    Argos seem to be the best for this. I've choosen a Wharfedale (Cd/radio combo as requested). Cost is €59.99 and catalog number is 512/6178.
    • Sewing Machine: 1 needed
    Again Argos for this (unless you know otherwise). Brother 4L2230 Sewing Machine. Cost is approx €149.99 - I'll verify this after lunch, and the catalog number is 460/1993
    • Bikes: Boys and Girls needed.
    I'm waiting for guidelines from BTG on what size bikes are needed. But from the research I've done we can expect to pay between €170 and €210 for the larger sizes. I'll update this when BTG get back to me. I can collect, happily Argos do home deliveries for bikes. Watch this space...
    • Archery Equipment: I reckon 4 sets of these will do.
    I'll see what the archery forum can do for us.
    • Candyfloss and Popcorn makers: 1 of each
    BTG asked for large ones, the ones I initially researched where €2,500 each. Thats to much, I've gone back to BTG asking for advice on what to do next.
    • Disco Ball and Lights: 1 set (at least)
    I'll get back to you over the weekend, I've a feeling I'm buying this and turning water into Funk!
    • Silk Screen Printer: 1 (small)
    This will be used for printing t-shirts

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Good work. What we dont get donated, we can buy with the Amp -> Pam fund.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

If you are donating can we have the receipts. It will help BTG with guarantees, refunds etc.
    Plus there was a question of 'legitimacy' with last years donations which I'd rather avoid by providing proof of purchase.

Oh and some good news :D

I've had a *verbal* commitment of €400. I'll get more details during the week and let you know how its being handled.

Bike Update: I can't edit the original post.
    • Bikes: Boys and Girls needed.
    Mountain bikes preferred. They're for boys and girls between 14 and 17 years old so adult bikes are required. Argos do home deliveries for bikes; I'll pick some out today. However if you want to purchase a bike elsewhere I can collect.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sweet, I'm about to start seriously pushing the party and the Amazon lists...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

i have 20 - 25 childrens thermos flasks and 40 - 50 tuppaware containers left over from hampers we bought in for corporate gifts, any use ? if not will send them on the v de p

eoin.

Advertisement