Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a thought but...

Options
  • 17-11-2004 3:49pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have you tried to get companies to give donations or even products to the cause? I'm working in GAME and I know the store manager would probably help, although the people above him may feel differently...

anyway, if you've tried that and failed, or if you don't want to try it, I just thought I'd mention that I may be able to lighten the load for the computer hardware and software with my staff discount. I know there's a limit (or at least I think there is) on the amount I can get taken off, but I won't be using it all that much between now and Christmas so I might be able to get something off for your stuff.
    I'll speak to my manager on Thursday and see if he has a problem with it and how much I can get, and I'll get back to you. The way I see it, everyone wins, he gets a huge amount of money coming into the shop and the people buying the stuff get to spread their money around more.
    Just so you know the set up is something like this: 10% off hardware, 30% off software and 25% off accessories.

Hopefully I can help out here, given that I don't have a car or much money of my own (although I do intend on buying some of those Dahl books asap!)

/edit just been looking over the amazon list and working out figures, and there isn't a huge saving even with my discount (unless you count delivery costs if there are any). Most times its a few euro, although I'm sure it's bigger in other cases. Anyway, the offer still stands if you want to get the machines/games there and then rather than waiting for delivery :)

flogen

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Just to let you know, the manager said he's have no problem with the whole thing, as long as it was all being used for the charity, and my own limit is pretty high anyway, so if anyone wants to get the gaming stuff through me rather than over the internet (and wait for delivery etc), then let me know here.

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Which shop?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Dawson St.

PM me if you want to organise something

flogen

Advertisement