Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TVs, DVD players, CD players and other bulky stuff

Options
  • 13-11-2004 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭

This year we have decided against putting general hardware on the Amazon Wishlist as the the delivery costs for bulky items are quite large.

However TVs, DVD players (particularily portable ones) and CD players are still very much wanted. If you wish to be kind enough to donate something along these lines prices in Argos and in other shops can be very reasonable and we can always take delvery at the Christmas party. They are also the kind of things that people might have lying around gathering dust after upgrading to something fancier.

If you want to donate something bulky or locally bought like this you can PM me and we'll sort something out or you can come along to the very swanky all singing all dancing Christmas party.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Of particular note might be some of the stuff on the Barretstown wishlist:
    Screen printer for t-shirts (small one)

Basic cd/radio portable stereos for the kids cottages (there are 13 cottages in all)

Bicycles

Disco ball and lights

Sewing machine

Archery equipment

Large popcorn maker

Large candyfloss maker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

there are great mini hi fi systems going in tesco right now, cd tape radio afaik, only 40eurons.
    will see if i can pick one up when i get my discount card, although im not sure it covers them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'm waiting to hear from a candyfloss and popcorn machine maker in Wicklow for prices. (I'd rather buy Irish) They're a bit slow with the old email so I'll call them when I get a spare moment.

Advertisement