Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrettstown Wish list.

Options
  • 08-11-2004 11:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

As requested by Tom (DeVore) I emailed Barrettstown and asked them for a few ideas of what they would like.

This is the reply i got.

Hope it's ok.

"Tim O'Dea <tim.o'dea@barretstown.org> to me
    More options 10:48am (11 hours ago)

Dear Sean

Mary Kinsella asked me to look at the information regarding the Santa Strike Force. I am delighted that we have cleared up the mystery of the stuff from last year. Our guys here were suspicious that the equipment was stolen!

We are of course delighted that you would like to consider helping us again this year. I have put together a list, but have had no luck with Amazon which is due to our pretty terrible IT set up here in Barretstown and very poor connection speeds. As you can imagine, broadband has not yet made it to Ballymore Eustace!

I am not sure how to progress apart from giving you the list in this email. As such, please see below a list of items which we would very much like to get for the programme.

Screen printer for t-shirts (small one)

Basic cd/radio portable stereos for the kids cottages (there are 13 cottages in all)

Bicycles

Disco ball and lights

Sewing machine

Archery equipment

Large popcorn maker

Large candyfloss maker

I hope that the list contains one of more items that the SSF would consider getting for Barretstown. Let me know if I should do anything further.

Regards,

Tim

Barretstown 10th anniversary 1994 - 2004

SERIOUS FUN

Tim O'Dea Donations: 1850 500 123

Corporate Development Tel: + 353 45 864 115

Barretstown Castle Mobile: + 353 86 384 9679

Ballymore Eustace Email: tim.odea@barretstown.org

Co Kildare Web: http://www.barretstown.org

Ireland

"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I wonder if the SSF could provide someone to sort out their IT setup?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Theres an idea...

I had a good laugh at that mail (I've actually only just explained who we are in a mail to them... I'm sure they think we're nutters!).

We can put special items on a separate list on the website with links to where they might be bought from. Their computer came from a private donation last year for example...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

They do have a wish list on their website which I've suggested be buy in the DeV's other thread. This one here seems a bit more realistic yet its still ambitious. I'd like to adopt Barretstown this year along with whoever else would like join me, (Seaneh I know is even going to Brazil for them so I'd bet he'll to join in) and try to raise funds to purchase and deliver the following:

Screen printer for t-shirts (small one)

Basic cd/radio portable stereos for the kids cottages (there are 13 cottages in all)

Bicycles

Disco ball and lights

Sewing machine

Archery equipment

Large popcorn maker

Large candyfloss maker

I'm away this weekend but I'm going to sort out prices etc over the coming week and should have a price-list for Monday the 22nd of November. That gives us a month until Christmas.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Great idea. If you sort out where people can buy them from, then I'll put the link(s) on the website.

DeV.

Well I've been compiling an Amazon wish list but I'm going to shop around before I publish it. They seem a little thin on portable stereos but argos.co.uk have a great selection. I'll pop into an Irish branch and see what I can arrange. However, I do think that we may be able to by these from an Irish retailer as we're bound to get a discount. (A portable telly with a dvd player might go well with each of the stereos - it would be a nice suprise too)

Bikes: What kind of bikes do they need? I'm assuming mountain-type bikes for kids but what sizes? 18'', 20'' and 24'' seem to be where its at. 2 of each would set us back approx. €1000 *gulp*. Seaneh, can you email you contact and get some bike details for us?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

iev a disco ball stored in parents place, is boura foot wide, will root it out if that of any use, havent used it in a few years, was fun for a while though!!! :~)

E.

Thanks UNIFLU; dunno if they take second hand stuff but if they do I'll give you a shout. I think I got a bit ambitious there with dvd players and such; I'll focus on the wish list as given to Seaneh, any surplus can go back into the SSF kitty.

Advertisement