Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalu in Eyre Sq Shoping centre to close...

Options
  • 03-11-2004 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

..or so I over heard one of the check out girls telling another customer recently. Did anyone see any mention of this in newspapers etc?

(It's the nearest supermarket to where I live and I hate the idea of getting used to the layout of another one, woe is meh!)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's closing all right. Apparently their business has been down a lot since Dunnes moved into Edward Square. The staff are being redistributed to other Supervalus in town, most notably the soon-to-be-expanded Father Griffin Road one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

bugger. ... whats going in there in its place then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Apparently theres another company or something moving out near the back of supervalu which would leave a fairly big space. One of the butchers was telling my mam this, said there was a posibility that Marks and Spencer's would be moving in aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Robbo wrote:
    It's closing all right. Apparently their business has been down a lot since Dunnes moved into Edward Square. The staff are being redistributed to other Supervalus in town, most notably the soon-to-be-expanded Father Griffin Road one.

w00t!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

SyxPak wrote:
    w00t!
    Bet they still won't have chuffing screw in light bulbs though :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

screw in light bulbs you probably want

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=198064

oh the puns are dreadful in me today
    :eek:

Advertisement