Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Transport Information

Options
  • 27-10-2004 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

He'ya @ all,

Does anybody know on which interet side I can find more information about public transport in Galway City ?

Thank you and bye for now,
    Mirabae

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

http://www.buseireann.ie/site/your_journey/city_town_services.asp#galway

to be honest ... eyre square is a bomb area at the moment ...

public transport in the city .. isn't the greatest in my opinion ... more down to road congestion ... you can be waiting half an hour for a bus and it won't show up ... that said I haven't gotten a bus in a while ... cus I found waiting half an hour = the time it'd take to walk ...

maybe other's will have better opinions of it ... and remember I've not got a bus in a while ...

is it just within the city you want or do you want the tours and stuff as well ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Within The city, I see no point in anything other than walking, its hardly a sprawling metropolis. And Wandering the backstreets can come up with some fantastic little shops and cafes that youwould otherwise miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Buses in the city centre are infrequent and completely off schedule.

For instance, there are supposed to be buses to knocknacarra approx every 15-20 mins, yet you can be waiting for more than an hour somedays. The bus I get home after school usually arrives around 4.35 followed by a second bus 2 minutes after? I dunno if it's just traffic conjestion etc but it'd make alot more sense to me to spread the 2 out over 15 mins each rather than have one behind the other the whole time.....

my 1 cent,
    que

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The transport is unpredictable and shoddy for the most part. Don't bother. Get a bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mirabae

Hi @ all,

Thanks for the information. Sounds that the public transport is very similar to the public transport in the rest of the world. I guess I will walk instead of taking the bus.

Bye for now,
    Mirabae

• Advertisement
Advertisement