Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSF Paypal Button

Options
  • 04-10-2004 4:30pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-butcc-donate.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
    <input type="hidden" name="encrypted" value="-----BEGIN PKCS7-----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-----END PKCS7-----
    ">
    </form>

This is the code for the PayPal donations button. This is more for my notes then anything else...

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I'm afraid i'm completely useless with compuer languages....so forgive me for sounding really stupid here but i don't know how to use that code at all and i really want to a) donate and b) perhaps stick it in my signature so that i might get a few fluky donations that way.

Any help would be appreciated....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's what I was thinking.

Any chance Cloud could come up with a nice hack, so that you stick like
    [SSF][/SSF] tags in your Sig, and it inserts the relevant HTML?

Added to the bottom of every page in my site. Including big gaudy letters to make it stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Yeah I've now put it on my site too, not a huge readership or anything but pretty much all my extended family and friends read it. Tom, when I'm home I should be able to give you a hand if you need it too.

Shad0r wrote:
    Yeah I've now put it on my site too, not a huge readership or anything but pretty much all my extended family and friends read it. Tom, when I'm home I should be able to give you a hand if you need it too.

Thanks for that...i was able to donate thru your (very interesting) site. :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

[ssf]this is a test[/ssf]

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ah yeaaah... now THATS what I'm talking about.

If you use:

[.ssf] Click this to feel gooood -> [./ssf]

you'll get:

[ssf] Click this to feel gooood -> [/ssf]

I love VB3.0

DeV.

That's great. Just one query...is it possible to change the graphic to ay something like "SSF Donate" or is that to much effort and time. Just to make it more catchy....

I think if someone does me an image like that (I'm looking at Havelock here) I can make Paypal show it instead of their default one.

DeV.

cool. I'm not breaking any pimpige or anomnimity rules by putting this in my sig am i?

Nope, not at all. Feel free to pimp.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Put it in mine too. I'm a lemming. A charitable lemming ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Me grumbs and Humbugs as I open Photoshop CS.

....Done. Its a jpg at mo, will convert to gif when I get back from work.

SSF-Paypal.jpg

ssf-x-click.gif

Too cheesey?

Havelock wrote:
    ssf-x-click.gif

Too cheesey?

I like it but then again i love my fromage laid on with a trowel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

BoardsSSF.gif

Cal

ooops, didnt realise that havelock had already sorted this so I knocked one up. That one with the santa hat rocks, if paypal will go for it.

ssfdonate.gif

Hmm just been fooling around and it seems you dont need to have paypal approve the graphic....you just need to:

Test -> [HTML]<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr&quot; method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.suicidalbeanbag.com/neil/ssf-x-click.gif&quot; border="0" name="submit" alt="Santa Strike Force Donate here">
    <input type="hidden" name="encrypted" value="
    BEGIN PKCS7
    MIIHLwYJKoZIhvcNAQcEoIIHIDCCBxwCAQExggEwMIIBLAIBADCBlDCBjjELMAkGA1UEBhMCVVMxCzAJBgNVBAgTAkNBMRYwFAYDVQQHEw1Nb3VudGFpbiBWaWV3MRQwEgYDVQQKEwtQYXlQYWwgSW5jLjETMBEGA1UECxQKbGl2ZV9jZXJ0czERMA8GA1UEAxQIbGl2ZV9hcGkxHDAaBgkqhkiG9w0BCQEWDXJlQHBheXBhbC5jb20CAQAwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEBBQAEgYBoNUfeZnqzVlL4QZ3wA2OcyhYUO3hkhFFZ76NJY137cHzvV8zd9+vD2OTlNL3iAqNuibepcC0nniyZQq0AXvrMJRL+8CEmPgHaji+6E+l0QSBjYFX1yDsWupbvZb6A8V0PjRAmFy7arZlHYblQAzAxUc5SFpQ0HLmrAtQ0I8vWkTELMAkGBSsOAwIaBQAwgawGCSqGSIb3DQEHATAUBggqhkiG9w0DBwQIN9DC9WDXKgKAgYjSpD1y+ssowqPHMih14nR4bjI4WhULle/nJoxvhA7YDaL+PB+mvD9AoxOWr8IFuGH7ighnbp6fm3LY99Ye430skP5p0x2Q6Zda66U5V+YF821eIRkmFX7UqOBwFIZS/Nr8/l/aN6RsKgGhklpU/GjgyVQfH1NW5YrHcp7iRCXsjTiHRHf9666eoIIDhzCCA4MwggLsoAMCAQICAQAwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEFBQAwgY4xCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMQswCQYDVQQIEwJDQTEWMBQGA1UEBxMNTW91bnRhaW4gVmlldzEUMBIGA1UEChMLUGF5UGFsIEluYy4xEzARBgNVBAsUCmxpdmVfY2VydHMxETAPBgNVBAMUCGxpdmVfYXBpMRwwGgYJKoZIhvcNAQkBFg1yZUBwYXlwYWwuY29tMB4XDTA0MDIxMzEwMTMxNVoXDTM1MDIxMzEwMTMxNVowgY4xCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMQswCQYDVQQIEwJDQTEWMBQGA1UEBxMNTW91bnRhaW4gVmlldzEUMBIGA1UEChMLUGF5UGFsIEluYy4xEzARBgNVBAsUCmxpdmVfY2VydHMxETAPBgNVBAMUCGxpdmVfYXBpMRwwGgYJKoZIhvcNAQkBFg1yZUBwYXlwYWwuY29tMIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDBR07d/ETMS1ycjtkpkvjXZe9k+6CieLuLsPumsJ7QC1odNz3sJiCbs2wC0nLE0uLGaEtXynIgRqIddYCHx88pb5HTXv4SZeuv0Rqq4+axW9PLAAATU8w04qqjaSXgbGLP3NmohqM6bV9kZZwZLR/klDaQGo1u9uDb9lr4Yn+rBQIDAQABo4HuMIHrMB0GA1UdDgQWBBSWn3y7xm8XvVk/UtcKG+wQ1mSUazCBuwYDVR0jBIGzMIGwgBSWn3y7xm8XvVk/UtcKG+wQ1mSUa6GBlKSBkTCBjjELMAkGA1UEBhMCVVMxCzAJBgNVBAgTAkNBMRYwFAYDVQQHEw1Nb3VudGFpbiBWaWV3MRQwEgYDVQQKEwtQYXlQYWwgSW5jLjETMBEGA1UECxQKbGl2ZV9jZXJ0czERMA8GA1UEAxQIbGl2ZV9hcGkxHDAaBgkqhkiG9w0BCQEWDXJlQHBheXBhbC5jb22CAQAwDAYDVR0TBAUwAwEB/zANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQUFAAOBgQCBXzpWmoBa5e9fo6ujionW1hUhPkOBakTr3YCDjbYfvJEiv/2P+IobhOGJr85+XHhN0v4gUkEDI8r2/rNk1m0GA8HKddvTjyGw/XqXa+LSTlDYkqI8OwR8GEYj4efEtcRpRYBxV8KxAW93YDWzFGvruKnnLbDAF6VR5w/cCMn5hzGCAZowggGWAgEBMIGUMIGOMQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzELMAkGA1UECBMCQ0ExFjAUBgNVBAcTDU1vdW50YWluIFZpZXcxFDASBgNVBAoTC1BheVBhbCBJbmMuMRMwEQYDVQQLFApsaXZlX2NlcnRzMREwDwYDVQQDFAhsaXZlX2FwaTEcMBoGCSqGSIb3DQEJARYNcmVAcGF5cGFsLmNvbQIBADAJBgUrDgMCGgUAoF0wGAYJKoZIhvcNAQkDMQsGCSqGSIb3DQEHATAcBgkqhkiG9w0BCQUxDxcNMDQxMDA0MTUyNTQ4WjAjBgkqhkiG9w0BCQQxFgQUs+sr72lajf2YEp5RYM8dHjhNswEwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEBBQAEgYC8X8uNM4hXcPey68+djbkjgdjajvsz9tDxeFuQ/nxDk9LXLOzMGsKHzXNs2YfsB6nph7CH0OHOF26Yxxq/fTYhJz1BgdxQPVLMvXJn2Q8qaqdxPvfl9DQozvpMMU8GeU0/i31BVkRDApDD0sP823nVb6HdUGkQG2VBmxQNE7zh0w==
    END PKCS7
    ">
    </form>[/HTML]

Oh btw, Havelock I edited that santa hat donate button so it was small as possible (in dimension, not quality). Hope you dont mind.

Cant seem to figure out how to display that code as a button that does something.

Anyway what it is is:
    The original HTML from Paypal for their Donate button, but I changed the HTML so that the form still works as before but now it displays the SFF Donate button with the santa hat on it (now the image is 84px X 61px or something like that)

If that makes any sense. Click on the baby below if you want to see a demo of it.

No chance of you posting a copy of the Hat'ed PayPal button? I've no problem with modification or ideas. The more people who work on this, the better.

If you use [.ssf]Donate to kids[/.ssf] (without the "."'s)

you will get

[ssf]Donate to kids[/ssf]

So as soon as the image is finished I'll edit the replacement text and make everyones look that way.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Havelock wrote:
    No chance of you posting a copy of the Hat'ed PayPal button? I've no problem with modification or ideas. The more people who work on this, the better.

http://www.suicidalbeanbag.com/neil/ssf-x-click.gif

Thats the image. If you want a working button, you need to use the code in my last post to this thread.

DeVore wrote:
    So as soon as the image is finished I'll edit the replacement text and make everyones look that way.

Does that mean you dont want to use any of the images created so far? Iirc there are like five to choose from right now....

I meant as soon as I/we settled on one.
    All of them are good and I might well create a few for variety!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Havelock wrote:
    ssf-x-click.gif

Too cheesey?
    Hope you don't mind me "borrowing" this?

Its the reason its there. Put it everywhere, alter it, colour it, link it , improve it.

(Just as long as you don't claim to have made it!)

adding the button for testing...

[ssf]testy goodness[/ssf]

DeV.

much like McDonalds... I'm loving it!

DeV.

I can make a few of these now so we can have [SSF1} and [SSF2} etc etc (if anyone else has buttons to offer!).

DeV.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Has it replaced the other one yet?

[edit] I see it has. Sweet [/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Would there be some way to make the below tag work?
    [ssf]ssf2c.jpg[/ssf ]
    so that when you click on the picture, it'd go into the paypal site. It'd save a bit of coding on your side, as well.
    Sort of like how the tags work, when linking a picture to a url link.

I tried
    ssf2c.jpg
    by just taking the html stuff, but with no luck :(

Advertisement