Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DCU postgrads

• 20-09-2004 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

Are there any on boards....surely I can't be the only one, mired, alone, in the droppings of first years positively brimming over with enthusiasm, and youthful. just kidding, you little buggers make my day, just don't messa with me in the chemistry labs ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 nuthin

i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

any new postgraduates?

'fraid not. only us croaky old researchers, who've been stuck here all summer. still the nurses are back. which is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

i 2 upon registration next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 CaptainHilts

startin monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

excellent,any of you living in VA?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Have been doing a Masters in Telecom Eng/Electronic Systems for the past two years (took last year off) - great university to do Postgrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

I'm told there was a poster up for Go (the game) outside the Postgrad offices in the commons area a few weeks ago - does anyone here know anything about that? Interested in playing some games in my free time

I'm told there was a poster up for Go (the game) outside the Postgrad offices in the commons area a few weeks ago - does anyone here know anything about that? Interested in playing some games in my free time

Are we talking about computer games? and if not, what the hell is "go"???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭theprofessor

lo all. yes postgrad here also, what's that postgrad society like? do they just have they nothing better to do or would it be worth joining?

• Advertisement

tbh I'm not sure,signed up last year,got a few e-mails, and some of the stuff they arranged seemed all right,a few nights out,I think at one stage they were arranging to go to a play together and stuff,but some of it sound a bit ****,a lot of table quizzes,and line dancing.

There's a free session for postgrads in the hub tomorrow night, maybe it'd be worth going along to see what it's like, meet a few other postgrads, and see if the society is any good?

Anyone else thinking of going?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭theprofessor

sorry dude, one of the girls in class is having a house warming. going to be social with the new classmates I'm afriad

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Hi all!

Newbie postgrad here (MEng in Telecoms). Part timer so only on campus for a few hours a week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Started a postgrad 3 weeks ago in chemical sciences.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Started a postgrad 3 weeks ago in chemical sciences.

Over in the X building yeah? you'll probably see me pottering back and forth between res and the labs,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Just started MSc Security/Forensic Computing a couple of weeks ago!
    lo all. yes postgrad here also, what's that postgrad society like? do they just have they nothing better to do or would it be worth joining?

They have football, volleyball and basketball games booked in the sports hall every week.

Advertisement