Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JV Signs A Two Year Deal With Sauber

Options
  • 15-09-2004 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

He will partner Massa next year, Sauber have also extended their engine supply deal with Ferrari.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Woah!!!!

I thought JV was gonna sign for Renault for the last three races after Trulli being fired and all...

Ah well... Sauber's getting a good deal out of this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I can't help wondering what made JV to decide for Sauber. Didn't he say last year that he'd only drive again if it was for a team capable of winning races?

Sauber could just be like a continuation of his BAR years.

Does anyone know if he's stil racing for Renault for the last few races? He was with them testing today and it seemed certain he was driving for them till the Sauber announcement came out of the blue, but presumably he doesn't start with Sauber till next year so he's still free to drive for the moment. He belongs in a team like Renault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

The Sauber contract only takes effect in November. He's with Renault until the end of the season. In fairness, Sauber now have probably the best wind tunnel in F1, it might not be the most foolish move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

This is as close as JV will get to a ferrari, a second hand one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

I think it’s fantastic to see JV back in F1. The sport needs more characters like him. Drivers that speak their mind and have a bit of life in them. I cant wait to see him in the Renault at the next race

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

It's good to see Villeneuve back, he can really add to the sport. It would be fabulous to see him on the podium for Sauber- he has the talent to make it happen. But his temperament might slow him down!
    I'd rather see Hakkinen back though!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Yeah, good to see him back alrite and it'd be even better seeing him battling with Schumacher next year, but I dont think he has a hope in hell driving a Sauber unfortunately :(

Ah well, should be an interesting final three races with him in the Renault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

ro_chez wrote:
    well, should be an interesting final three races with him in the Renault.
    Yep, I'm looking forward to seeing that. It might liven the races up a bit aswell as giving Villeneuve the chance to prove that he can still drive!

Advertisement