Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Confirm All 2004 Release Dates - Christmas Line-Up Revealed

Options
  • 18-08-2004 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

in america viewtiful joe was due out in feb of next year but the rlease date has been brought forward to this november! lets hope they bring our one forward too!!!!!!!

also Metroid prime 2 has been given an official european date of 26nov and tales of symphonia is the 19th nov.!!!!!!! yay

heres the release date link

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6856

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ps2 !!!!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I meant viewtiful joe 2 by the way and its for both consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Metroid 2?
    I didn't think that would be out for another year.
    Joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Metroid 2?
    I didn't think that would be out for another year.
    Joy!

Me either. OMFG I can't wait for that game. \o/ :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*orders time machine to travel forward to nov 26 to get Metroid Prime 2: Echoes*
    Really can't wait for this. Metroid Prime is my favourite game ever, so obviously I cant wait to see how the sequel turns out!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

viewtiful joe 2 looked fairly... smeh from the trailer

i've high hopes for retro recreating some of their prime magic though.
    should be a great crimbo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

I never like it when release dates are brought forward. A half assed job is usually done on the game (tho not always). Time will tell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Hell, I wouldn't even care if it was the same game except new levels. And paint over the old levels to make them look new. MP2 is the reason I re-bought a GC.

Play.com

*orders time machine to travel forward to nov 26 to get Metroid Prime 2: Echoes*
    Really can't wait for this. Metroid Prime is my favourite game ever, so obviously I cant wait to see how the sequel turns out!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

you have to be the coolest girl ever!!! Metroid prime and viewtiful joe are my favourite games on the cube by mile. screw the wind waker and mario sunshine I thought they were crap(well wind waker wasnt crap but it was simple). I really cant wait for MP2 though. Tales of symphonia looks amazing too. im currently playin tales of phantasia on snes to get me ready.

But Wind Waker is so pretty...
    I'm thinking of importing Tales of Symphonia as soon as the repeats are over. Looks fantastic! And Viewtiful Joe rocks too.
    Henshin-a-go-go baby!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i've been waiting for the last week and a bit for tales of symphonia from dvdboxoffice. We're getting Metroid Prime 2 a few days after the yankies and the japs have to wait much longer.

But Wind Waker is so pretty...
    I'm thinking of importing Tales of Symphonia as soon as the repeats are over. Looks fantastic! And Viewtiful Joe rocks too.
    Henshin-a-go-go baby!

ROCK ON!!!!!

I liked the cel shaded graphics and the movements. I just think they didnt have to make it sooooo cartoony. cel shaded young link from OoT would hvae been cool. It was wayyyyy too easy though. I was think ing of importing tos myself. I tlooks beautiful and I just love the sound of not being finished the game for about 40-60 hours.

stupid repeats!!!!! I just got halo for my pc and ive been playin that and I just cant study. I have 4 to repeat too :eek:

ps I stand by my statement of you being the coolelst girl ever!

JUST FOUND OUT TALES OF SYMPH IS ON CDWOW FOR 47.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am so gettin that! hope my tv is ntsc compatible. Ill have to get that free loader thing too. what is the freeloader thing?????

Freeloader is a cd that you put in before the game to play a gmae from another region. It doesn't work on every game! Theres a big list of game that don't work somewhere on the net.

well I assume it works on tales of symphonia because they wouldnt sell it other wise and it says below it when you clck on it that you need the freeloader thing to play it

The only thing I thought had problems with the freeloader was F-Zero GX...

Ah well i have that! once tales works on it I dont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

ermm forgive me for asking but what the hell is tales of phantasia and tales of symphosia and why i never heard of them till now??

also do you need a 60htz TV for freeloader to work??

Tales of phantasia is an rpg on the snes. tales of symphonia is also an rpg but is cube exclusive. the tales' series is kinda lilke final fantasy series. very japanese. but with a cool battle system where you actually control the movements and not just the moves used. They are very good games. tales of symph in japan has tales of phantasia included. there are other tales' games, tales of destiny(1 and 2), tales of legendia will be the sequel to symphonia. tales of the world,

tales of symphonia was released in japan on ps2 but they arent gettin it here. the will get their own tales game called tales of rebirth. tales of eternia is also set for release on the psp.

they are made by namco. another namco rpg called baten kaitos is on its way adn is also cube exclusive. Its a card rpg i think. I dont really understand how they work but its getting a big hype.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Here’s the official PAL line-up in full:

GAMECUBE
    September 3: Wario Ware Inc: Mega Party Game$
    September 3: Animal Crossing
    October 8: Pikmin 2
    October 15: Donkey Konga
    November 12: Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door
    November 19: Tales Of Symphonia
    November 26: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

GBA
    September 17: Mario Golf Advance Tour
    October 1: Pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red
    November 12: The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    November 19: Mario vs. Donkey Kong
    November 26: Super Mario Ball
    December 3: Mario Party Advance
    December 10: Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn Of Souls

theres been a new one added also called 'HOPE'

apparently the Namco and Nintendo joint project Starfox - which has reportedly been pushed back until 2005

these again are ninty titles only so.. alot more as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

the US metroid prime 2 is available to pre-book on lik-sang now for under €50. If you have freeloader (like me) you get the game early, and cheaper cos it ships on the 14th. Nov over there. Just booked mine a min ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Ciaran500 wrote:

ssh! maybe they won't notice :eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

ssh! maybe they won't notice :eek:
    Too late!

deadduck wrote:
    the US metroid prime 2 is available to pre-book on lik-sang now for under €50. If you have freeloader (like me) you get the game early, and cheaper cos it ships on the 14th. Nov over there. Just booked mine a min ago

ahh I can wait the extra week or so for my european copy. I hope there is a preorder bonus! Id love a metroid tshirt or somethin like that

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Where in the hell is mario tennis on that list?

mario tennis isnt gonna be out till at least march

How the hell do they expect me to be able to afford November? Paper Mario 2, Tales of Symphonia and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes?? In the space of 2 weeks??
    /me digs deep into wallet...

• Advertisement

I just got a new job in GAME!!! SO ill be having lots and lots and lots of new games coming my way. gonna get an xbox for kotor1 and 2, halo2, splinter cell, online play, half life 2 some time, fable.

so ill be sorted with my consoles. screw ps2! thats all I have to say about that!

Advertisement