Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video of the entire Metroid Prime 2: Echoes demo!!

Options
  • 21-08-2004 6:59pm
    Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭

download it now (uses DivX codecs...)
    me wants...
    (it's 37MB, 56k don't go there!)
    Doesn't go all the way to the Dark Samus fight. And it's done by an MP1 speed runner (23% world record holder), so probably not representative of a normal run through. Still makes me want to have Retro's babies over this one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

heh. downloading over 56k now :D
    shows how much i love samus.

/edit
    smeh... erm...
    the only good thing i have to say about it is thank **** they kept Kenji Yamamoto on music duties (by the sound of it anyways)

is there a higher quality vid around?

http://www.simonweiss.de/andy/mp2intro.mp3
    hard to believe that Kenji Yamamoto also made some godawful music for dragonball z :D

the kraid model that got cut from metroid prime.
    apparently nintendo/rare are getting that image removed from various sites. which could very well mean he makes an appearence in echoes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I havnt played any other metroid games apart from prime and a small bit of super metroid. so I havnt encountered kraid before but I ve heard all about him. maybe there will be a metakraid or bio kraid or somethin!

gonna download that video now.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I havnt played any other metroid games apart from prime and a small bit of super metroid. so I havnt encountered kraid before but I ve heard all about him. maybe there will be a metakraid or bio kraid or somethin!
    play through super metroid while you're waiting for echoes. its not my #1 game of all time for no reason :D

the helmet he's wearing is new. apart from that he looks like the same old kraid (albeit all shiny and secksy)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Wasnt a Fan of the Prime, i just thought it was boring and repeditive. Does the New one have the Same controls/view and same sort of gameplay?

it seems to be more of the same really...
    with the addition of new visor modes, a multiplayer mode and an intrigueing light/dark weapon mode (ikaruga :confused: )
    http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=55896
    just out of interest, what kind of games do you like?

i'm downloading the mp1 100% speed run at the moment. to me, this has more entertainment value than anything from my pile of unwatched films.

Im into most game genres such as Sports, GTA-type games (if there are any other), Fps, RPG/Adventure, Racing. Pretty much anything, but for some reason I dont really like the Metroid series and all Puzzle/strategy games.

tman wrote:
    play through super metroid while you're waiting for echoes. its not my #1 game of all time for no reason :D

the helmet he's wearing is new. apart from that he looks like the same old kraid (albeit all shiny and secksy)

dont own a snes unfortunately. I have a rom but I dont like playing them on my pc at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its worth playing super metroid on an emulator. it really is one of the top 10 games ever made.
    Wasnt a Fan of the Prime

Down with this sort of thing! :D

• Advertisement

Damn straight. No need to be "careful now"! ;)

Down with this sort of thing!

But everyones entitled to their own.... A **** it. /me locks self in closet.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Watch the 100% run and you'll be converted. Trust me. Or the 1:04 any% run, that's really amazing.

link me! i wanna see the 100% run. im stuck on about 72% finished it on 71 and could only find one missle expansion in a week on my own. may have to resort to a guide

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

yeaaaaaaaa!!!! woooooooooo!!!!!!!! waahoooooooooo!!!!!!!!

me goin nuts

Advertisement