Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD-WOW woes!

Options
  • 19-08-2004 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hey anybody out there order their copy of Doom3 through CD-WOW,
    If so have ya got your copy yet???? I'm going insane here waiting for the god damn package to arrive! According to website it shipped on the 13th and thats all the info I can get as I'm not a member.
    At this stage I wish I just paid the full whack in a shop,,really impatient now!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I got my copy from CDWow 3 days before it was released in the shops here.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

Now I'm really annoyed ,3 days before u say Stephen christ Im gonna break something if I read another thread on doom3!!
    gonna buy it tomorrow if it dont show,could'nt face another weekend without some chainsaw action!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

Mine shipped on the same day as yours Kavs and arrived on tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

I've gotten 3 mails from them now saying that its been delayed time after time. It will now ship on the 20th.

Considering i ordered the day after it went gold (and ppl who ordered after me have already gotten it) im fairly cheesed off. I went to cancel my order today but couldnt find a cancel order button (and since im gonna buy it anyway as i do with all good games that ive err played but not bought) i decided not to bother putting a load of effort into cancelling it.

That said i doubt i'll be ordering from them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Meh the postal service is lousy, no matter what you say or do they'll always be lazy. Best thing to do is to go down the pub have a few pints, and forget about it man, itll come when it comes. Mind you if i was in you posisiton i would be hassling the postman/woman :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Stephen wrote:
    I got my copy from CDWow 3 days before it was released in the shops here.

Ditto. I ordered it pretty late also....not sure why i got it before people who ordered it before me. Not really fair :confused: I've Finished it and sold it on already.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

B-K-DzR wrote:
    I've gotten 3 mails from them now saying that its been delayed time after time. It will now ship on the 20th.

Considering i ordered the day after it went gold (and ppl who ordered after me have already gotten it) im fairly cheesed off. I went to cancel my order today but couldnt find a cancel order button (and since im gonna buy it anyway as i do with all good games that ive err played but not bought) i decided not to bother putting a load of effort into cancelling it.

That said i doubt i'll be ordering from them again.

Yeah same scenario as myself, ships today, not in any hury in anyway because I'm waitin on a new machine from jes.

Ornein did you order that Machine from hell rig from Jes?

Ornein did you order that Machine from hell rig from Jes?

No I decided to get a 3400+ clawhammer + Neo Platnium + muskin level one and a few other bits since I came across a few more quid (working hard :D ) lol.

Working damn hard id say to be able to afford that rig :D . Have to work for around another month until i can get the Rig im after,... (part time jobby by the way).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

Delayed even further now till the 23rd. Im so glad that im not actively waiting for this.

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Delayed even further now till the 23rd. Im so glad that im not actively waiting for this.

Yeah just got the same email there when I checked, I'm in no rush in anyways, did you notice that the price has gone up from 37.99 to 41.99 which is the retail price in some high street shops isn't it. see http://www9.cdwow.ie/searchresults.php?PHPSESSID=a6987ff5f3cb63343ea0c0a7d84c45ad&searchfield=doom+3

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

Well I'm a happy camper,got my copy today so just finished a five hour gore fest,, tis good stuff I have to admit!
    Runs very well on my rig
    P3.2e
    2 gigs 3200 twinmos ram
    Asus P4C800
    Hercules 9800xt.

Will think twice about ordering from CD-WOW again.

What res and settings do you run it on Kavs? Im guessing with the 9800xt you run it on 1024x786 with medium settings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

What res and settings do you run it on Kavs? Im guessing with the 9800xt you run it on 1024x786 with medium settings?

Should get ULTRA 1280*968 with that rig with 4x AA i have it on that with AA off as i dont have enough ram to cache the textures , but tomorrow i wil have.
    I have same card and only thin is my pc only has 512 ram.

Its the old Quake loading trick, start level when "game saved" appears go to load game and load it again. Caches all texture into memory and gets you the best FPS you can possibly get with your system.

kdjac

Have also heard you can fiddle around with the config files to tweak the performance a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I cancelled my order for doom 3 on cd-wow after i got the first delay email, they refunded my credit card but it arrived this week for me anyway!

Nice :D

Advertisement