Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FarCry da Movie??

Options
  • 19-08-2004 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Not sure if tis should be in movies or not but interesting!!! will Doom be next or have they done one

The Rock will be part of a movie called “Far Cry”, which is scheduled for a 2006 release. Rock has the lead role, Jack Carver. Here’s the plot summary. “An adaptation of the first-person-shooter video game where Jack Carver, a retired ocean patrol cop who now transports people and cargo to various islands, goes through hell when his boat blows up off the coast of an uncharted Micronesian island. His goal is to simply survive and to rescue a female reporter who had tagged along on the trip but was kidnapped by mercenaries who protect a laboratory hidden somewhere on the island.”

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

might be good only if they have the mutants in it
    i'm currently playing single player mods and some of the stuff already is pretty impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Was a thread a month or so back about wat games wud be good movies and I said FarCry seems my wish has been granted! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Meh, I love the game and all, but the story isn't that great.

Didn't anyone else play it, and when the woman reappeared go "Who the hell is she again?". Then again, it's starring The Rock so it can't be very heavy on plot :)

Here's hoping they make it as pretty as the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,866 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Here's a premonition: it will be crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Itd be cool... IF

It was like a big multiplay FFA game of far cry... with 16 players all running amok killing eachother..

Anything else would just be crap ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

will Doom be next or have they done one

err...

http://gamire.com/gamire/newsitem?id=601

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Its gonna be awful-its being directed by the same guy who directed the incredibly poor "House of The Dead film.A shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Hey Neil,

Do you have a Linky for the FarCry Movie News?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

how about a system shock movie...now that would be good (yes i am on a system shock thrill at the moment...quite a big one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hey Neil,

Do you have a Linky for the FarCry Movie News?

Hey Mate

Yeah I get all my info here http://farcry.filefront.com/ ......good for updates as well! :D

About film just mentioned it was going to be made! dont tink much else is released! will be on that site any updates anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement