Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life 2 Text Script leaked!

Options
  • 18-08-2004 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

It seems Valve have done it again. Its being reported on most of the Halflife sites that Valve screwed up again and included the full stories plot in a text file in the beta/demo they uploaded to there steam servers. It contains the over all story and ending. Valve really need to wake up and stop all this muppetry as HL2 is really starting to look like a disaster.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

True its turning into a bit of a farce. Yahoo games domain have a new high resolution trailer for the game and it wipes the floor with doom 3 imho

http://uk.gamesdomain.yahoo.com/feature/38787

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Cue another years delay while valve rewrite the ending. Possibly add a nude scene and a car chase or something. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Looks class alright! must start HL to get ready for its release!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

:rolleyes: valve :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Why the Christ would anyone want to read the script before playing the game? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

IMO Youre a gobshi*te if you read the script to find out the ending!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Meh not really, I don't approve of it. But its really just the same as using cheats in a game.

It's not the same at all. you can use all weapons cheats or whatever to have a bit of fun but knowing the whole plot of a plot heavy game is just completely ruining it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I meant using cheats in order to beat the game. Unlimited health etc.. I don't mind using them after beating the game, but before its really just pointless.

With a plot driven game like HL I enjoying putting the work into getting to the end of the game and finding a conclusion to the story. So imo its the same as reading the script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Yeah finish game first and have a bit of challenge! then use cheat for all weapons or something so u can whip everything in it!! :D

• Advertisement

I always love to smack on the oul all weapons cheat and blow the **** out of everything with the rocket launchers or destroy them with the shotgun but id never use it to finish the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

it better not be delayed again i preordered it ages ago :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Scripts for movies leak all the time. Who gives a ****e? Certainly not Valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

It dont matter it wont get delayed due to this. There not going to spend millions more just cause people know whats the ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Maybe Gabe leaked a completely different plot to what actually happens in the game ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

For anyone who wants to know the ending
    the butler did it

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

I don't think the point here is that why people would want to read the script, its the fact that valve included the script/story chapters with their latests steam release or something or other..

Valve are acting awfully retarded of late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

I would'nt mind seeing the script. anyone got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

KdjaC wrote:
    For anyone who wants to know the ending
    the butler did it

kdjac
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU SPOILT IT FOR ME!

granted I shouldnt have highlighted the text, but I was curious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

that short little movie was probally realised by valve on purpose

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

OMFG!!! The ending is amazing. Who would have thought that darth vader was Gordons father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    OMFG!!! The ending is amazing. Who would have thought that darth vader was Gordons father.
    it was G-Man in the version i read :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

tman wrote:
    it was G-Man in the version i read :confused:
    Nice I didn't want to read the script but low and behold someone ruins it for me.Ah its no biggy :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

-oRnein9- wrote:
    Nice I didn't want to read the script but low and behold someone ruins it for me.Ah its no biggy :o
    just wait till you get to the tentacle rape scene :eek:
    not sure how they're going to get that past the censors

Advertisement