Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic 2 : Sith Lords Release Date 6/12/04

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

User45701 wrote:

Man that's cool, looking forward to this more than D3/HL2, etc., . Pity OpFlash 2 is not until 2006 but at least another good non-FPS will be out this year...:) (along with GTA: SA)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I don't think I can actually wait that long, so I've decided I'm going to invent a time machine, get the game and bring it back with me.

Seriously though, I'm hoping it won't disappoint me after the first one was so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Played the frist one non stop until I finished it , one of the most addictive games since FF VII ! Cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Finally an only decent excuse to stop playin Kotor. Am currently on my 10th Kotor Outing. /me writes 6/12/04 on me forehead backwards to remind me everytime i look in the mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Tusky wrote:
    Played the frist one non stop until I finished it , one of the most addictive games since FF VII ! Cant wait.

Yeah that's just it; it had the perfect blend of speedy and forward progress with the story without being too much on rails and also with lots of extra incidental side quests to spice it up but never got in the way. Maybe it could be called easy but it was a lot of fun, like FF7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Truley it was a great game ive completed it too many times and yes so incredbelly addictive - kinda bad tho i missed out on 1 or 2 good drinks down in the pub at X-mass

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yeah that's just it; it had the perfect blend of speedy and forward progress with the story without being too much on rails and also with lots of extra incidental side quests to spice it up but never got in the way. Maybe it could be called easy but it was a lot of fun, like FF7.

This was due to it being made my bioware and not lucasarts :D When was the last time they released a good SW game? Oh I remember it was Tie Fighter all those years ago.

OH!

Tie Fighter such a BRILLENT game its just amazing no space combat game has ever been as good, and the story line it was amazing it drew u in all u wanted for the whole game was to hunt down that traitor and put his head on a stick!

why oh why didnt they ever make a tie fighter2?

X-wing vs tie fighter and Balance of power where ok/good but the story wa ****e!

Tie fighter and KOTOR are the 2 greatest star wars games

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I couldn't agree more. I really enjoyed Tie Fighter - I still have the floppies :) - and KOTOR is excellent. I now know what to ask my wife to get me for Christmas - same as last year, just with a 2 at the end :) So, November = Halo 2, December = KOTOR 2, thank god my exams are in October ;)

Ciarán.

*Ahem, Fable=November, Ahem* :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I've just started playing the original recently; it took a bit to get into it, but it's a damn good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I found I enjoyed the game a lot more after I got off Taris (not that it isn't good up until then, it just gets much better :) )

I personally liked taris. A little part of me died, when Malak destroyed the planet :o . Poor Rukil /sniff

The Dialoge was just so amazing in that game,
    "The Search for bastuilla is taking too long destroy the entire planet"

On one of the IGN boards, they were having a big discussion whether or whether not the People in the undercity survived the sith bombardment on Taris. Some believe that just the buildings were destroyed and some believe that the whole planted was annaliated. What do you think? I believe that the Sith only destroyed the builidings but not the whole planet. Tis a bit hard to believe that Laser Cannons can have enough power to Blow up the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Taris didn't really bother me it was that buggering Dantoine(correct if I'm wrong is that where the jedi acadamy is?) those ****ing cath hounds really pissed me off, not that they were hard to kill, but just plain annoying.

Agreed, especially those feckin albino ones. The side quests were a bit naff too compared to the other planets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

On one of the IGN boards, they were having a big discussion whether or whether not the People in the undercity survived the sith bombardment on Taris. Some believe that just the buildings were destroyed and some believe that the whole planted was annaliated. What do you think?
    i'll tell you what i think... IT WAS ONLY A ****ING GAME!!!

KOTOR was one of the few rpg's that i've got into properly, looking forward to the new one.

hey hey hey, everyone had an secret obbession with Rukil too! Or maybe that was just me :D :rolleyes: . For closing comments for me on this thread i just hope obisand deliever a good game.

The undercity surived i would bet

• Advertisement
Advertisement